Scalp bleaching

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philipxxx

Reaction score
I would just like some advice about full head bleaches. im natually a level 7 and i have a full head bleach, which i use wella blondor lightening cream with 6%, and tone with 10/16 with pastel , i am finding at the moment the bleach does tingle a little bit and sometimes have scaps on my scalp the day after iv done my roots :( ,but i do find if i spray a shine spray made from natual oil on my scalp it helps (if i dont put it on or dont put enough on this is why it burns) , i was thinking of changing my bleach to ether matrix vlight or the proclere blue frosting gel lightener , what are these like on scalp and what would u suggest ?

Ok firstly you may be experiencing problems if your hair is freshly washed your scalp with have no natural oils on it which act as a barrier on your scalp.

Secondly v-lights is amazing but I would always recommend using matrix cream developer with it not an own brand, only use 10vol though if your base 7 but why not try a tint? I'd personally use 11 Aa if you like it cool, or 10av if not, both with 30vol

Im guessing ur a wella salon. Try one of the high lifts.
I use bleach on the scalp and only do my roots 3 days after washing, this being the longest I can wait before it looks grimy.
The oil you are using before hand is like blue said immitating the scalps natural oil, but nothing can beat the origional,.
Xoxo

Thanks for the advice , I was thinking about a high lift , I was also thinking about why the bleach burnt , because I left it a week without shampooing but I had my hair cut which I had the clippers on the sides and back right before my colour (the girl who cut my hair she's quite rough with the clippers) :)

I would just like some advice about full head bleaches. im natually a level 7 and i have a full head bleach, which i use wella blondor lightening cream with 6%, and tone with 10/16 with pastel , i am finding at the moment the bleach does tingle a little bit and sometimes have scaps on my scalp the day after iv done my roots :( ,but i do find if i spray a shine spray made from natual oil on my scalp it helps (if i dont put it on or dont put enough on this is why it burns) , i was thinking of changing my bleach to ether matrix vlight or the proclere blue frosting gel lightener , what are these like on scalp and what would u suggest ?

You could have a really sensitive scalp, also playing about with it before the bleach could cause irritation. When you bleach the hair your scalp becomes ''fresh'' as the epidermis layer is partially stripped, next time I would base the scalp with something like Lusters Pink Oil, it really helps! I use this on afro relaxers and clients never complain about itching or burning. Also after the bleach has been rinsed off, try applying a Wella Enrich mask, or SP. This should cool the scalp down and help with any irritation.

thanks for that tip i might have to try that oil because im using the organic root stimulator olive oil sheen spray at the moment , but i obviously didnt put enough :( , im also seriously thinking about the matrix vlight now

thanks for that tip i might have to try that oil because im using the organic root stimulator olive oil sheen spray at the moment , but i obviously didnt put enough :( , im also seriously thinking about the matrix vlight now

Root stimulator?? That won't help!

Ok firstly you may be experiencing problems if your hair is freshly washed your scalp with have no natural oils on it which act as a barrier on your scalp.

Secondly v-lights is amazing but I would always recommend using matrix cream developer with it not an own brand, only use 10vol though if your base 7 but why not try a tint? I'd personally use 11 Aa if you like it cool, or 10av if not, both with 30vol
i was just thinking what about the matrix UL-IA intense ash with 9% (im new to matrix but have heard how good they are)

i was just thinking what about the matrix UL-IA intense ash with 9% (im new to matrix but have heard how good they are)

Ultra blonde is for use on base 5-6 use 11aa with 30vol :) its a highlift x

Ultra blonde is for use on base 5-6 use 11aa with 30vol :) its a highlift x
would it lift enough as my hair lifts warm and i like it really platinum

would it lift enough as my hair lifts warm and i like it really platinum

Yes it would look cool, but your never gonna get platinum unless you use bleach! X

Yes it would look cool, but your never gonna get platinum unless you use bleach! X

That's what I was thinking when ever one of my clients say platinum I always normally use bleach xx

I'm prob just going to Try vlights :)

Latest posts

Back