Scalp Massage after chemo treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hello,

I think this should be the right place to put this thread...

I have a client who has just finished her chemotherpay treatment.

I suggested her having a scalp massage to help her hair grow back.

Does anyone know the best oil to use or any help I can give her. She is a very good client and want to look after her. Her consultant has said is will be fine to have this 3 weeks after her treatment has stopped.

Just wondered if anyone has dealt with this before.

Many thanks

Carly x

hi
A company called Raw Gaia do a jojoba oil which is organic and pure. Jojoba is reknown for it's ability to improve hair texture, maybe you could try this. You can order it online.

Hi , My mom has been through it and still is, and I just do the most gentle trreatments with as little chemicals as possible , and anything she wants I sort of tailor it to her needs , as its important to keep things as normal as possible ,
I understand your concerns,
and it is wise for her to always ask the doctor first,
hope this has helped :hug:

If the consultant gives it the thumbs up then just go with the clients guidance on what feels good. I have done massages and facials for a client in her breaks from chemo and she found head massage is excellent as it really stopped her from thinking constantly about the cancer as it kind of switches you off. :hug:

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

Do you think it's best to just use a carrier oil (Normal, plain massage oil) and to leave the Aromatherapy alone, or try something that will help encourage hari growth?

Carly x

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

Do you think it's best to just use a carrier oil (Normal, plain massage oil) and to leave the Aromatherapy alone, or try something that will help encourage hari growth?

Carly x

I would let her pick from some nice smelling milder ones that are very well diluted in the mildest carrier oil

you can always pop a bit of the stronger smelling oil of her choice around her in on towels perhaps, or on a burner in the salon,
so that she doesnt feel left out of those beautiful smells,

I think with all the lovely smells around her
and the wonderful head massage that you do will make her feel so pampered,
I think you will do her proud , :)

Latest posts

Back