Scam info please read

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkbunny28

Reaction score
Hi girls and guys

I'm getting quite fed up of scamming phone calls trying to get me to advertise...
Got another one this morning from some d-head trying to get me to pay for getting listed on the front page of google. WELL I have him a piece of my mind...he had his head between his legs by the end of the phone call. Now I don't know how many of you are registered on companies house but I'm not simply because I haven't got round to it yet and can't afford it :( anyway he informed me that he got my details from there to which I said to him ok but if you can find me through such extreme measures then surely my clients can and do find me from much easier methods. I told him to stop wasting my time and stop trying to sell me something I neither want nor need.

Isis that if I wanted advertising I would find them and he said well googles in California so it would be 2am...I laughed. I wonder how people who don't live in America have featured adds then.

Anyway girls if anyone wants this idiots number to save to their phone just in case then pm me.

Had quite enough after last weeks antics of phone convos with scammers.

If anyone else would like to share their stories of these calls feel free. I think we all need to be aware and it's only from sg that I've known about these scams x

There's loads of scammers trying to get you to buy expensive, unnecessary, and often incredibly crap search engine optimisation services... simply because search engine optimisation is one of those things that a lot of people can get confused about - and (unless you are au fait with Google Analytics and similar web statistics tools) pretty hard to quantify - so a prime market for scammers and snake oil salesmen.

So a lot of these companies will basically charge you a shed load to do pretty much bog all...

I had a call yesterday , from a blocked number on my mobile , and thinking it might be my first ever non friend client answered it!!

He gave me the same spiel , and I simply told him that I was going back to my old profession and I would not be doing nails anymore. Hopefully he will leave me alone.
Now all I need to figure out how I can get my website higher up Google listings. LOL .

My boyfriend has fell for loads of these scams I've read about on here! He didn't even know they were scams til I read out what I've read here! He is a tyre business!

Thankfully I don't have the money to even contemplate falling for them lol!

I have only advertised on free sites and if u type in my product and my area then I am number two on the google search! My boyfriend does he is number 3 and paid a lot of money to get there- typical!

Think this site is fab for keeping everyone aware of scammers xx

Ps it annoys me when they call from mobiles and u think 'oh it will be a customer' ive even rang back 2 companies thinking i have missed a potential new client whilst being busy grrrr xx

This just makes me so cross.

A few months back I got a call from a company calling themselves Malmaison Guest Services and they were looking for a Beauty Salon they could refer their customers to. They invited me to an 'interview' the following morning.

It turned out they were the company who produce the map displayed in Malmaison and they wanted me to pay £600 to advertise in it. I was so annoyed because they had wasted my entire morning when I could have been seeing clients. Needless to say I let them know I wasn't happy!

I am so fed up with these nuisance calls!

Bottom line is don't agree to advertise anywhere unless you have initiated the conversation.
Nowadays I don't even speak to them, which may sound rude. I just put the phone down as soon as I realise what sort of call it is. You can rest assured that they will just move onto the next number on their list.

Hmmm, thanks for the heads up😉

I have them every day. either private number ( which i ignore, 0800 numbers and lastly this horrible little man from a mobile number who runs a business search webpage.

I hand up on him, he rang me back three times, left a nasty voicemanil saying I was rude, and how he hates ppl hanging up on him.
he basically wanted me to pay for an ' account ' i had with him, i argued back that I do not have one with him.

He said I will regret this and will concentrate on my nearest competiter.
Bothered.

I googled his number and yes, hes a very nasty pest and has been getting away with this for years.

I dont think i would be allowed to post his details on here to warn all of you about him but if I can, let me know!

he was absolutely foul!!

Latest posts

Back