Scandinavian blonde-white or beige?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cole_1304

Reaction score
I have a client that wants to be scandinavian blonde...I would say it was more biege blonde & white blonde would be more Swedish (to me anyway). What do you guys think? Anyone recommend a nice toner they have already used? Any color line although I normally go between l'oreal, goldwell & NXT. I am trained with wella however I'm not a fan.
Thanks.

Scandinavian hair ranges from a base 6 to a base 8... VERY rarely 9.

Scandinavian hair ranges from a base 6 to a base 8... VERY rarely 9.

Thanks Cam but not meaning natural hair base meaning the typical blonde image we all have of scandinvian beauties lol.

Thanks Cam but not meaning natural hair base meaning the typical blonde image we all have of scandinvian beauties lol.

Oh right well could you be a bit more specific? I.e. Current depth and tone and desired depth and tone?

Oh right well could you be a bit more specific? I.e. Current depth and tone and desired depth and tone?

She's currently a base 9 & is looking for a scandinavian blonde which i would say is a base 9 or 10 & more beige than white blonde.
I am not looking for anyone to tell me what to do as I am fully trained just wanted someone to agree or see if anyone has been asked for this before. Thanks.

She's currently a base 9 & is looking for a scandinavian blonde which i would say is a base 9 or 10 & more beige than white blonde.
I am not looking for anyone to tell me what to do as I am fully trained just wanted someone to agree or see if anyone has been asked for this before. Thanks.

I don't really feel like you can put a name (especially an ethnic name as countries are so diverse in race nowadays) to a colour as its interpreted differently by different people, we're professionals and its not a matter of opinion its fact.

I don't really feel like you can put a name (especially an ethnic name as countries are so diverse in race nowadays) to a colour as its interpreted differently by different people, we're professionals and its not a matter of opinion its fact.

I know things are interpreted differently that's why i asked if stylists agree or see it differently. I'm not sure you are the right person to comment on my post as you are bringing up things like race which shouldn't come in to it as I am referring to stereotypes as that is obviously what the client means by this. I don't have time to sit and reply all day and you do seem like a bit of a keyboard troll, you wouldn't speak to someone like that in real life. Frankly, I don't know where you find the time to reply to every thread on here as I know as a hairdresser I am very busy.
Please refrain from replying as I am looking for stylists whom have been asked by a client to achieve this look or someone whom has done it.
Many thanks.

I agree with @cams97 on this.

It's like saying chocolate brown or caramel coloured. It's just a name that clients use to indicate a colour but you couldn't make an assumption as to base & tone as we'd all choose something different. Also, Scandinavia includes Sweden (Norway & Denmark) so I've no idea how you'd define a blonde based on a country or a geographic region.

I like Illumina for natural looking subtle blonde tones, if that helps?

I agree with @cams97 on this.

It's like saying chocolate brown or caramel coloured. It's just a name that clients use to indicate a colour but you couldn't make an assumption as to base & tone as we'd all choose something different. Also, Scandinavia includes Sweden (Norway & Denmark) so I've no idea how you'd define a blonde based on a country or a geographic region.

I like Illumina for natural looking subtle blonde tones, if that helps?

I fully understand that it is not a professional term however professional or not we all do describe colors to one & other in the salon in this way. As we all look at colors in a different way. I did not ask for a professional term I asked if anyone has been asked for this by a client if so what would they use.
I am not a fan of wella as I said in my first post I trained with wella & worked with it for years however it isn't one I like to use. illumina has some lovely shades however I prefer l'oreal to them all. Thanks.

I know things are interpreted differently that's why i asked if stylists agree or see it differently. I'm not sure you are the right person to comment on my post as you are bringing up things like race which shouldn't come in to it as I am referring to stereotypes as that is obviously what the client means by this. I don't have time to sit and reply all day and you do seem like a bit of a keyboard troll, you wouldn't speak to someone like that in real life. Frankly, I don't know where you find the time to reply to every thread on here as I know as a hairdresser I am very busy.
Please refrain from replying as I am looking for stylists whom have been asked by a client to achieve this look or someone whom has done it.
Many thanks.
Rude!

Many thanks.

That's a very rude response to someone who is simply trying to help you and is likely to put off other people replying.

Even if you don't agree with someone's opinion, it's polite to thank them for reading and responding. Many people read a post and never bother to reply.

Courtesy costs nothing. :)

Thats ok, clearly i have too much time on my hands

Let me tell you something, what you read is what you get... I would and do speak to people like that in real life and i don't see why you felt the need to get personal and say 'i don't know how you reply to every thread because as a hairdresser i'm very busy' because quite frankly i don't reply to every thread on here. The proof is in the pudding i've stopped replying to a lot of threads because they're boring and repetitive and thought i'd reply to this one as the title was interesting but its obviously just another defensive bore[emoji13]

I have a client that wants to be scandinavian blonde...I would say it was more biege blonde & white blonde would be more Swedish (to me anyway). What do you guys think? Anyone recommend a nice toner they have already used? Any color line although I normally go between l'oreal, goldwell & NXT. I am trained with wella however I'm not a fan.
Thanks.
If a client asked for Scandinavian blonde I would imagine they want a cooler ash blonde as opposed to a warmer blonde. A few years ago a goldwell trainer used the terms Nordic blonde and Californian blonde to differentiate between the cool and warm blondes, the Californian blondes we're golden and honey toned whereas the Nordic blondes were ash and pearl tones. Not sure if that helps you at all. Loreal dialights 901 or Luo Po1 are nice and cool. In goldwell they have loads in their colorance range including the 5min express toners available in silver, champagne or cream depending which tone you want. Also the 10v or 10bs are both nice for cool tones.

IT reminded me of the goldwell ones too, if someone asked me for beige I wold just look for a beige in the chart of the line I use and go with that,

Latest posts

Back