Scared of lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i did my ee course in Nov last year i trained with Thuya lashes at college. It was the first enrichment course i did and was only half way through my nvq! I enjoyed the course but didn't feel like it was long enough and that i'd picked up the technique properly.
The tutor did say it would take practice to get the skills/timings right.

We got the kit with the course but the glue we got with it wasn't very strong and the lashes weren't sticking right so she gave us all some stronger glue to use, however if we wanted this we would have to buy it separately!

Since the course i couldn't find anyone willing to practice on and after concentrating on my nvq work i forgot about it!

When i designed my pricelists/treatment lists i put it on there hoping i would have got more practice in and feel confident to do it but i still can't get anyone to have it done!
I have hundreds of flyers ready to drop out with the treatment offered on there, a kit but no experience or practice and no confidence what so ever!

I want to be able to offer this but how can i until i practice and feel confident but no one wants to have it done!

Just don't know what to do and feel i've wasted money really on the course, kit and leaflets now :(

If you were in barnsley I'd have been a model for you to practice on! X

Gem - why no try Salon Guinea Pig, they are a site dedicated to offering and finding Guinea Pigs in your local area!

There are professionals asking for people, and joe public offering themselves up for treatments. Most offer a nominal charge to cover the cost of the products used, but I offer FREE services when I want to practice on someone.

May be just what you're looking for? x

I'm in exactly the same boat as you Gembeauty, trained at the end of last year, got the kit but couldn't find the people to practices on but I am determined that its not going to money down the drain and have even bought new glue, sealant and remover so I can start again its just a case of finding models which I'm hoping that now I have moved in to a room at a gym that a few of the staff there might be up for it! I'm just not sure how I'm covered insurance wise for practising now that the 3 months that I had to hand my case studies in is over.

Have you tried asking friends on facebook?

Shelley X :)

I was in this situation, in the end I face booked some friends and said look it's free why not try them out etc... Then ask I got more confidence I put them on gumtree at a reduced rate, I've now been doing them for nearly 3years and love them. You'll get the hang of it!

I think EE are the scariest thing ever!!! Did my 2nd set on a friend last night, to count towards my accreditation and was getting worried I was never going to master it!! As it was I just took my time and got on with it - it really is just practice practice practice - we will get the hang of it! and this glue WILL come off my thumbs!! haha!! Thanks EllieJoy for the vote of confidence xxx

Thanks girls, yeah i think ill put it on my facebook and try and drag people in to practice on!! I will get the hang of this if it kills me!!

And ginalhaytonxx if i cant find anyone, then i will come to barnsley and practice on you :) xx

Hi,

Some people use the mannequin heads to practice on, they are quite cheap too.. I did my eyelash course privately and took my auntie as a model, she turned out to have the shortest, most annoying lashes ever and she kept opening her eyes! So after her, I found all the others easy :)

I've been through the same thing! Originally trained in January 2011, practiced for a while and then had to concentrate on my ITEC qualification. Picked it up again in January this year and then had to concentrate on my massage qualification! So it's fallen by the wayside again and I really want to be able to do them properly and efficiently but I need models and I don't have loads of girly friends which makes it hard! :(

Latest posts

Back