Scared to death about having a Facebook page

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Just the thought of it makes me feel queasy!

I'd like one though but don't want to make an idiot of myself as I'm not really sure what I'm doing. I've been taking pics of nails and feet, ready to load on. . . . what else do I need to do?

How do I put my price list on?

And once I put my photos on, is my page "live"? Or do I need to do something to it so make it "live"? Sorry, probably not the right phrase lol

Also do I need to make offers etc each day/week/month? How do I get people to like my page? Is it seen by my existing f/b friends . . . as in, do I link the business page to my personal page or is that now allowed?

So want a piece of the f/b action but scared to start!:o

On your own personal page, you will see a link to 'create a page/like page'. Click that and it will take you through all the stages.

You will need a name to call it. You can then invite your personal friends to like your page. I put my price list in the 'notes' section. I update my page either once per week or every few days, depending. I also post pics of the nails I've done.

I also do tips/info and then end each one relating it to a treatment that I offer. Just give it a whirl, it's pretty straight forward and if I could do it, anyone could! If you get stuck during, just post back on here and I will try to help!

Watching with interest Blossom::confused::confused: I'm as clued up as you , you add business page your FB friends can see get them to share with all their contacts, I'm confused how u get the likes???? Lots of people on SG like each others page, also I have put a May special on anything really photos of your nails etc , your clients could like them , but I'm going to watch this thread with interest :D

Once you create your 'like' page, you will see a button that says, invite your friends to like your page'. That means your own personal friends on your personal profile. You click and can select your friends individually. They will receive a notification telling them of the invite, they click the link and can then click the 'like' button for your page.

You get other likes when you start interacting with your friends, tag your clients in the photos of their nails and it appears on their friends home page etc etc.

Can I mess about adding pics and so on without everybody seeing it till I'm ready to go?

I'm not sure on that one to be honest. I created different albums on my page and posted straight away.

It's the same as when you upload on your personal page.

You can hide your page while you get it sorted :) Just go to Manage > Edit Page > Manage Permissions > Page visibility: Unpublish page (only admins can see this page) - TICK THIS

You can hide your page while you get it sorted :) Just go to Manage > Edit Page > Manage Permissions > Page visibility: Unpublish page (only admins can see this page) - TICK THIS

THANK YOU so much!

No worries! I was very conscious of hiding mine as soon as I made it, I don't want anyone to come across it until it's all finished! Good luck.

hi Nicole333, just a question on tagging. What happens when you tag a client thats not a 'friend' on my normal facebook page?

I tagged a client the other day, and it kept her name in it but it didnt turn blue, like it would do if they were a 'friend'. Does it still pick up on their feed? how would it know which person it was if you get what I mean. This person had even 'liked' my business page but it didnt seem to recognise her name.

Thanks

hi Nicole333, just a question on tagging. What happens when you tag a client thats not a 'friend' on my normal facebook page?

I tagged a client the other day, and it kept her name in it but it didnt turn blue, like it would do if they were a 'friend'. Does it still pick up on their feed? how would it know which person it was if you get what I mean. This person had even 'liked' my business page but it didnt seem to recognise her name.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure you can't tag 'random' clients on your business like page. You can only tag them if you are friends with them on your own personal page and I THINK they also have to like your business page too. Which is so rubbish! I uploaded 3 pics today of clients I have recently tanned - 2 are friends on my personal page and 1 isn't. I couldn't tag any of them on my business page.

If anyone can tell me differently PLEEEEASE do!!! X

I've just tried tagging someone as an experiment for you.

The person is a friend on my personal page, they do not like my business page. I could still tag them properly.

ah thanks for trying, mine is the opposite - i need to tag people that are only on my business page....

Latest posts

Back