Scarring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzie49

Reaction score
Hi, I have had an operation on my face, and have the stitches out on Tuesday, I have been told that there will be minimal scarring but I would like to start using something to make sure there isn't as soon as possible.
Can anyone recommend anything I know about Bio Oil is that the best thing do you think ?

Hi
Try Decleor Prolagene Gel heard good things about this you can apply any time and is said to improve scarring over time should work quicker on new scarring it helps accelerate skin renewal

Hi
OOPS
Forgot to say check with your doctor before applying any products

I use Decleor & agree, Prolagene Gel is fantastic; it contains Prolin L, which helps in restructuring fibres and so is excellent for reducing scarring. You need to use it for a minimum of 90 days morning & evening for scarring, but only once the scar has closed over. Bare in mind it has no moisturising properties so you'll need to use a moisturiser over the top of it. One monetary tip - the face & body formulation is the same, but the body one works out more cost effective if you plan on using it alot!

Hi thanks both for that, I will double check with surgeon b4 I use it, but thats great thanks...xx

It is normal to wait 6 months after surgery before you get the go ahead to have treatments and facials so definately check before you start applying things.

Will do thanks for that hunny ..xx

can that gel be used on old scars? i have a unslightly one on my knee from about 10 years ago in my active child hood :)

I have tried every thing on the market! Bio-Oil is by far the best out there.

Also try and keep out of the sun for 6months. Wear total block on your scar. The sun will darken the scar even more than it is.

x

My partner tried Bio-Oil on some scarring he had from an old nipple piercing that grew out & it did nowt, although he had a very moisturised nipple! I've seen good results from it though, but I personally put more faith in Prolagene, although being a Decleor fanatic I am biased!

I had a bust reduction, so my scars are a bit more bigger than a nipple piercing ... hehehe!!

My scars are hardly noticeable now!! You can only see the ones that have been aggravated off my bra! And they are nothing!!!

Give them all a go, they are not a fortune to buy, they all might work differently on different skin types so it might be just finding what is best for you.

x

Give them all a go, they are not a fortune to buy, they all might work differently on different skin types so it might be just finding what is best for you.

I agree with you there - I think it's the same with all skincare, and for that matter treatments in general!

My recommendation would be Vitamin E oil, as pure as possible, If the scar isn't very big then the best option is to buy some vitamin e capsules and burst them with a clean pin, squeeze out the oil and apply to the scar. I used this method on a scar on my tummy, it was recommended by my pharmacist and he suggested that I do it everytime I went to the loo as apparently the more frequent the better.

I had very good results with it.

I have some bad scars on my forearm (from breaking my wrist in a skating accident :cry:) and I reduced them with Cica gel. It is a silicone gel strip that you cut into strips and then stick on to the scar. It wroked really well and the scars diminished quite a lot.

Hi, I have had an operation on my face, and have the stitches out on Tuesday, I have been told that there will be minimal scarring but I would like to start using something to make sure there isn't as soon as possible.
Can anyone recommend anything I know about Bio Oil is that the best thing do you think ?

I would personally consult a doctor about this...if your GP doesn't know perhaps he can refer you to someone who does.:hug:

Hi all just an update, went to see surgeon to have stitches out today asked about bio oil he gave me some gel to use for now as it has some anti infection whatever in it lol...but said soon as I finish that bio oil would be a good one to use, so thanks for all your reply's guys..XX
p.s I didnt cry when stitches came out either how brave am I ..lol..x

Hi all just an update, went to see surgeon to have stitches out today asked about bio oil he gave me some gel to use for now as it has some anti infection whatever in it lol...but said soon as I finish that bio oil would be a good one to use, so thanks for all your reply's guys..XX

solar oil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll give you some monday:hug:

Wherever your scars are mate they will take time to heal.
I use a lot of bio oil and think it has worked on my scars but have no real proof. Only word x

As per my surgeon, silicone gels are best.
I used a silicone gel, and alternated between emu oil and my cuticle oil (that I make myself) and my scars are near invisible.
Like this one: Dermatix Scar Reduction Silicone Gel 15g / 0.5oz.

Mind you, scarring is determined also by the kind of skin you have, your age and your blood circulation. So if you're prone to it to begin with....
I am 'not' prone to it, and usually don't scar from random cuts and such.

hth's

Latest posts

Back