Scary Nails or not?!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutiecuticles

Reaction score
Hi , i went to a lovely posh beauty and hair salon near my home last wk for a full set of l&p. Main reason was because i saw a lady a couple weeks ago and she had the most gorge set of pink n white almond shaped l&ps. So thought id go along and see what im missing out in mine! Anyway ill run you through what happened:
Sat down and was asked do i want natural or white tips? I said White please (thought id get pink n whites)
Then she took out a really horrrid file, it was very beaten etc, no spray of sanitiser on it? And it felt like a 100 grit on my nail plates! Jees it hurt! She was very very fast and hard with her files!!
Then She put tips straight on Creatives Radical French, didnt cut well, no buffing etc. Then when they were all stuck on she went over them with the white buffing block, hardly did anything.
Then she got scrubfresh on lint free pad and swept them across my nails for a little "tickle" and no more than 1 second each nail!! (I was told scrub fresh not tickle fresh! for at least 5 seconds!)
Then she had a huge brush and applied the pink powder over whole of nail, no white in sight! She seemed to pat it on once then sweep it about like naiol varnish? They are very thin but??!!!
Then she buffed them with the same horrid file as before and then put solar oil on each finger and buffed with a girlfriend(isnt girlfriend solar oil hating??!) The girlfirend was the worst state ive ever seen a fil in ever, it was bent right in the middle and she bent it purposely in middle to buff and it was all shredded and worn, it was very rank!! And she buffed and filed each nail separtely??, i would file all nails, oil all nails, koala buffer all nails(smooth side) then girlfriend all nails not one at a time? Am i right??
It only took her 45mins, but no prep, no cool blue nothing! And i paid £35.00!
So what do you think??

Mmm...didn't she remove any cuticle or buff your nail?

If not i could imagine 9 times out of 10 these would lift as soon as you put them into water. Geeg did mention this 1 ball method of working used alot in salons and is fine as long as the balance is correct.

how did the finished nails look? i personally don't like white tips, they are not suitable for everyone and how do you rebalance them?

Post a piccie

They werent one ball method, it was the way i must've said it, she used two balls. She didnt do anything to my cuticles! She just filed them with the nasty 100 grit file very much! The nails look okay, theyre nice n thin but becuase she didnt blend them you can see the big grey ghost shadow where the well is sat on my nail.

Have you got a pic of them to upload...would love to see them! You'll have to let us know if you get any lifting too! And 45 minutes for her to complete a set.....well that's the quickest I have ever heard so she couldn't have done a thorough job in that amount of time! :lol: xxx

Hmm i dont know how do you rebalance them??

Ooooh and using manky files.....bit off putting aint it! :rolleyes:

cutiecuticles said:
They werent one ball method, it was the way i must've said it, she used two balls. She didnt do anything to my cuticles! She just filed them with the nasty 100 grit file very much! The nails look okay, theyre nice n thin but becuase she didnt blend them you can see the big grey ghost shadow where the well is sat on my nail.

Yeah this would have seen off the cuticle and a couple of layers of nail plate too..!!

I could only imagine that her returning clients will eventually end up with weak nails...and we all know what weak nails lead to....weak enhancments!!

cutiecuticles said:
Hmm i dont know how do you rebalance them??

you don't..

I know how quick! And unfinfished i add though! I havent got a piccie, ill try upload one tonight! i did tell her i was creative trained so youd think she have made more of a prep effort!!:irked:

whats creative trained?

The company Creative Nail Design have trained me.x

before i started learning nails i used to have mine done at various salons and untill now i realise how much of the preperation and final buffing/oil and even polishing they missout on?! i never went to one salon where they removed my cuitcles before doing the enhancements...all i can say is i have learned from this and now i always make sure my prep is correct...also the amount of customers i have had that say that in the past they have never had a tach do a prep/mini manicure before applying enhancements!

just curious if some courses dont teach tecs to do a prep at all.
kat x

Katmoz33 said:
before i started learning nails i used to have mine done at various salons and untill now i realise how much of the preperation and final buffing/oil and even polishing they missout on?! i never went to one salon where they removed my cuitcles before doing the enhancements...all i can say is i have learned from this and now i always make sure my prep is correct...also the amount of customers i have had that say that in the past they have never had a tach do a prep/mini manicure before applying enhancements!

just curious if some courses dont teach tecs to do a prep at all.
kat x

When i first did my training it was a 1 day (6 hour) course and all we were told to do was push back cuticle, and file nail plate. Needless to say I then went else where to get better training, what a waste of £200

Diane

Wat a waste of £200 they shouldnt be allowed to get away with it! This girl was actually creative trained!!She obviuosly didnt listen!!

dids said:
When i first did my training it was a 1 day (6 hour) course and all we were told to do was push back cuticle, and file nail plate. Needless to say I then went else where to get better training, what a waste of £200

Diane
Just out of curiousity, where did you go for your first training course? Was it in Norwich?

I agree, now that Ive started I can see just how wrong, rude or dirty some places were! However, this should mena the good techs among us should reap t he rewards of others bad work (i hope, im not yet started, have to keep telling myself these things so that when i do, i'l make a living!!!)

plaoh said:
Just out of curiousity, where did you go for your first training course? Was it in Norwich?
Yes it was in Norwich,she wasn't representing any company in particular but she trained with star nail products

Latest posts

Back