Scary online dating tales

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balance Andover

Reaction score
What scary stories do you have when dating online?

I met with a guy a few years ago who tried to snog my face off within seconds (I expected a peck on the cheek)

A friend of mine has just lent 6 thousand pounds to a chap she's met online (they've been chatting online and on the phone for three months, but have never met).

What are your tales?

What scary stories do you have when dating online?

I met with a guy a few years ago who tried to snog my face off within seconds (I expected a peck on the cheek)

A friend of mine has just lent 6 thousand pounds to a chap she's met online (they've been chatting online and on the phone for three months, but have never met).

What are your tales?

I could write a book on this! I did online dating for quite a while before I met my husband on match.
I dated one guy who always came to mine and then when I finally went to his it was awful.. A grotty (to say the least) flat above a newsagents which was utterly filthy. The bathroom and toilet were so bad I couldn't bare to touch anything in there and had to take a photo of the toilet as I knew my friends would never believe me.
I had to say to him 'you do know your toilet is filthy don't you?' To which he responded trying to tell me it was limescale.. 'Limescale!?' I said.., 'that's **** because it's never been cleaned'
Needless to say I never saw him again.
I was very relieved when I met my Prince Charming and the first thing I did was check his toilets!

I'm very careful on line, have met lots of people, but im a vulnerable old lady who likes a few kicks before I kick the bucket, I've never had a problem, but I can understand how you can give money, because I've met those sorts. I knew a man who 'borrowed' money off women, £7000 from his boss too, also he owed loan sharks. And he went on a dating site and borrowed £2000 of a woman.

This is not something i want to read after just signing up to POF haha

It's not a scary tale but thought a nice one wouldn't go amiss lol...I've been seeing someone who I met on match, he isn't a weirdo and hadn't tried to murder me yet! (Bonus) lol. Lookin forward to reading this thread...but why would someone lend someone they haven't met so much money?! Do they want to lend me some haha

Take my advice, .... if they seem too good to be true, then they probably are !

Take my advice, .... if they seem too good to be true, then they probably are !

That's mosta my exes anyway haha!

It's not a scary tale but thought a nice one wouldn't go amiss lol...I've been seeing someone who I met on match, he isn't a weirdo and hadn't tried to murder me yet! (Bonus) lol. Lookin forward to reading this thread...but why would someone lend someone they haven't met so much money?! Do they want to lend me some haha

I've known a couple like him too, they are the sort of person that he very happy, self centred, PROMISES YOU THE WORLD, pretends he's rich, talks about the wonderful future you'll have together etc etc... and of courses swears blind he'll pay you back. They are irrisistable, and they draw you into this idyllic life that you will have.

Ended up with a stalker after signing up on pof. He watched what I wore, when I went to work, when I left work and wouldn't tell me who he was. Scary experience :( thank god I found out who he was eventually. He also had a girlfriend of six years ...

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Aww. I met my partner on pof. Obviously because it's free you've got to be careful of weirdos but to be fair not everyone's so serious about finding someone that they want to pay a fortune. Some people just potter in and out of pof to see who's around.

I always liken online dating (especially pof) to shopping in TK Maxx... You've got to sift through an awful lot of cr*p to find anything good! ;)

Aww. I met my partner on pof. Obviously because it's free you've got to be careful of weirdos but to be fair not everyone's so serious about finding someone that they want to pay a fortune. Some people just potter in and out of pof to see who's around.

I always liken online dating (especially pof) to shopping in TK Maxx... You've got to sift through an awful lot of cr*p to find anything good! ;)

I like that saying.. I definitely sifting through some crap til it met my hubby.
I found I dated a lot of odd ones from pof and it was very shortly after moving into match I met my hubby.
On saying that a good friend of mine met her hubby on pof so it does happen

I am a veteran of online dating and have heard every story. Fake profiles, men in relationships, old pics, men just after a bunk up. Lol..I could actually write a book. Finally after 3 years I've met a fantastic man on pof and couldn't be happier The likening to TKMax is so true. I always stayed positive and knew as I was "normal" that I would find someone compatible. :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was on match and met some real weirdos!
After one date the guy said he was in love with me, kept ringing, texting sending flowers, he lived down South said he was moving to Newcastle where I lived!
He came up one time and said he booked us a table at the living room and I wasn't sure if I believed him or not then he was posting pictures of the angel of the north on his Facebook! Saying nearly there ect!
This really freaked me out!!
In the end I said i met someone and they were going mad so he better back off!
Wow I have quite a few tails! Haha! X

Latest posts

Back