Scented Paraffin Wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayls

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I have done a search on here, but havent come up with anything yet! I want to buy scented paraffin wax, to add a bit of variety to my treatments. I would like to buy ones that go with the seasons (well sort of), I have got my Chocolate one sorted, but need something spring(ish), summery(ish) and autumny(ish).

I have searched Google like a mad woman, but cant seem to locate anything.

If anybody could help me I would be VERY grateful!!
Hayls xxx

There are lots of places who do paraffin waxes - not bought any for ages but the last batch I bought was from Nailorder - they do a few different fragrances.

Just checked and they only seem to do peach Vanilla which is lovely - they used to do more.

Beauty Express do Apricot and Aloe Vera.

Check with your local Sally's as I believe there is also a Tea Tree one.

Hiya,

I was just about to post on Parafin waxing, I wonder as you offer it if you can help me.
I was looking into a parafin bath mostly to use on me and Ella (Daughter) as we both have very dry skin but mostly on our hands.
I understand the basic idea but can you give me an idea on the process for doing hands?
Is it any good for eczema and dry skin?

Thanks Fiona, I havent got a 'local' Sally's I live about a million miles from anything!! lol!! I will continue to have a look on the www for some different ones!

I have an aversion to Tea Tree Oil, so wont be getting that on! But the peach vanilla sounds lovely!!

Thanks xx

Hi Geeks, I have done a search on here, but havent come up with anything yet! I want to buy scented paraffin wax, to add a bit of variety to my treatments. I would like to buy ones that go with the seasons (well sort of), I have got my Chocolate one sorted, but need something spring(ish), summery(ish) and autumny(ish).

I have searched Google like a mad woman, but cant seem to locate anything.

If anybody could help me I would be VERY grateful!!
Hayls xxx

Hi there. I use a Tea Tree paraffin wax all year round but you could you use it for summer as it is very refreshing on the hands and feet (esp. the feet). but you can also add essential oils to plain paraffin wax which i do with my own personal one i use. but you could experiment with different oils and maybe use them withyou clients.

Hi can i just point out that unless you are qualified in Aromatherapy you shouln`t be using essential oils on the general public unless they are pre-blended!
Having said that if it was personal use and for Eczema try a couple of drops of Lavender in the paraffin bath!! I am not qualified in this but Lavender cleared my daughters skin up when i used to use it in the bath!!! xx

Hiya,

I was just about to post on Parafin waxing, I wonder as you offer it if you can help me.
I was looking into a parafin bath mostly to use on me and Ella (Daughter) as we both have very dry skin but mostly on our hands.
I understand the basic idea but can you give me an idea on the process for doing hands?

How we do paraffin dips in my salon is as follows:

Wash hands and dry, apply a deep penetrating handlotion something with maybe a aloevera in it?
rub until it is mostly absorbed. Removing all jewerly first, dip hand and bring back up out of wax, hold hand still while wax hardens, re dip, bring hand out of wax until wax hardens or until it stops dripping, repeat for the third time. make sure your fingers are not touching each other and do not touch each other. This will assure a good seal for moisture retention. If the wax does split open, re dip.
when you have dipped 3 -4 times place hand in plastic bag, squeezing the bag around the wrist where the wax ends to seal. Place hand in parafin wax hand mit.
repeat with other hand.

Let sit for about 10 to 15 mins, when taking plastic bags off, lightly massage hand to loosen wax and work wax from hands while hand is still in the bag. This helps with the mess, as the wax stays in the bag.

Clean & Easy have a fantastic paraffin spa & an assortment of waxes to go with it. One of the best choices IMHO

HtH

XX J XX

Thanks very much, I will try this now.

For sanitation purposes, they now have came out with single serving paraffin wax dips. Anyone else seen these or have used them?

yes i have one of these that i bought at the excel show. the whole unit is about 20cms long and has a removeable bucket that you put the wax in. after alot of practise you can put the right amount of wax pellets in for the treatment weather its hands or feet so that you dont waste any. and then you just use a parrafin wax brush to apply it.

Latest posts

Back