Scented products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasey590

Reaction score
Ok guys, first off I don't want any nastiness about this. If you do not have a constructive opinion please move to the next topic because this is important to me lol.

I'm in the unique position where a very good friend of mine owns her own bath and body company and makes amazing products. I have been importing from her for the last two years and now that I am opening a home salon she has offered to supply my products under my own brand. This would include cuticle oil, sugar scrubs for mani/pedis as well as a rick hand cream. These products are registered with the American system however I would still get them registered under my brand and chemically tested here in Australia to ensure all is well (even though two years of happy customers and my own personal use says all is fine haha) so that everything is fine. The cuticle oil has the exact same ingredients as CND cuticle oil MINUS sweet almond oil (I have a minor nut allergy and I get a rash from sweet almond oil so I don't want to risk it with others) as it will be replaced with coconut oil. What I ask, is what scents would you have to use on your customers if you had the choice? I'm thinking black raspberry vanilla, Yuzu coconut or a nice foods fragrance or simply unscented. I'd like to be original and have the oil lightly scented though because I have my own bottle already and every time I use it when I'm out people love the scent but I wanted everyone's opinions?

Would be awesome if I could have some opinions :)

Ok guys, first off I don't want any nastiness about this. If you do not have a constructive opinion please move to the next topic because this is important to me lol.

I'm in the unique position where a very good friend of mine owns her own bath and body company and makes amazing products. I have been importing from her for the last two years and now that I am opening a home salon she has offered to supply my products under my own brand. This would include cuticle oil, sugar scrubs for mani/pedis as well as a rick hand cream. These products are registered with the American system however I would still get them registered under my brand and chemically tested here in Australia to ensure all is well (even though two years of happy customers and my own personal use says all is fine haha) so that everything is fine. The cuticle oil has the exact same ingredients as CND cuticle oil MINUS sweet almond oil (I have a minor nut allergy and I get a rash from sweet almond oil so I don't want to risk it with others) as it will be replaced with coconut oil. What I ask, is what scents would you have to use on your customers if you had the choice? I'm thinking black raspberry vanilla, Yuzu coconut or a nice foods fragrance or simply unscented. I'd like to be original and have the oil lightly scented though because I have my own bottle already and every time I use it when I'm out people love the scent but I wanted everyone's opinions?

Would be awesome if I could have some opinions :)

What a great opportunity! Black raspberry vanilla sounds amazing, you can't go wrong with vanilla. I love the smell of Lemongrass, can't get enough of it!

I alway think citrus smells are lovely...they're very fresh nd clean...pink grapefruit especially...xXx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek mobile app

I am thinking of 4 fragrances of cuticle oil and then selling the small bottles at appointments. I have a fragrance that I can use and it's called rainbow strawberry cream pie and it smells like rainbow ice cream, not quite like bubble gum but like a rainbow paddle pop if you've got them in the UK.

I wanted fruity, floral, sweet and unscented, what do you think??

I only posted about not wanting negative input because I've found a lot of people criticise products that aren't for professional use only lol.

Any one else have any opinions???

I wanted fruity, floral, sweet and unscented, what do you think??
Omg this sounds amazing :) great stuff and for fruity I'd go alpine strawberry or normal strawberry if you can't get alpine, for floral somehing with green tea or bamboo and for sweet black raspberry/vanilla - this is probably your best bet. Citrus - gelish oil smells like this and I'm not the biggest fan for some reason... Nice and fresh but I don't know...

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree citrus is lovely, especially in hot weather. Maybe a mango and orange or lemon and coconut :)

As everyone has a different preference so if it was me I would choose 3 or 4 different types then let clients choose. A citrus (lime & lemongrass) a floral (geranium) a woody (sandalwood) and a tropical (mango & passion fruit). Just an idea?

Hahah I might just have to do a couple of samples haha!!

I was thinking Yuzu and Coconut maybe for the citrus one. It's Japanese grapefruit but it's sweet and citrusy and the coconut fragrance she uses is a creamy sweet coconut.

My plan is to have everything organized and ready by the time I finish my course in 4 months time.

And yep the idea is to give everyone choices :) they don't have to have the same fragrance everyone else has if they don't want to they can have something funky :)

What an amazing opportunity for you!!

I'm only just about to start my training, so can only speak as a client, but I love fresh & citrusy scents, especially in the summer. Neroli and vetiver (verbena) are two of my absolute favourites and aren't as sharp as some other citrus flavours. Have you thought about an 'ocean' or ozone type scent as well? These seem really popular here in fragrances and bath products and I'm sure would be gorgeous incorporated into mani/pedi.

Good luck with whichever you ultimately choose to go with, I'm sure they will be wonderful! xxx

What an amazing opportunity for you!!

I'm only just about to start my training, so can only speak as a client, but I love fresh & citrusy scents, especially in the summer. Neroli and vetiver (verbena) are two of my absolute favourites and aren't as sharp as some other citrus flavours. Have you thought about an 'ocean' or ozone type scent as well? These seem really popular here in fragrances and bath products and I'm sure would be gorgeous incorporated into mani/pedi.

Good luck with whichever you ultimately choose to go with, I'm sure they will be wonderful! xxx

Cheers Hun! I actually didn't even think of an ocean type of scent. I might do now hahaha I guess now I just need to see what she has. She hS about 2,500 fragrances so this is a nightmare lol!!!

No constructive ideas as to scents but wow! I'm VERY jealous! Hope all goes well :) xx

I've found that my customers love citrus aromas such as orange, grapefruit, lemon etc the most. I also love ylang ylang x

Got to have coconut! I'm addicted to coconut smells! I have shampoo, conditioner, candles, body lotion and anything else I can get my hands on!
Also love Sheena butter! Hand wash and toilet roll in that hahah

Also I'm with Katie d! I'm so up for free samples for feedback! ;) xxxx

Hahaha thank you ladies.

I might have to do a sample or two lol.

So far I'm set on black raspberry vanilla, creamy coconut and unscented. I'm not too sure on the others.

I still need one more fragrance. I'm thinking of having that one be a fresh sort of fragrance?

Cucumber - love the smell of it so fresh x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back