Scented products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love coconut I think it's a defo. Here's one for you it sounds horrible but I was suprised at how nice it is my friend too makes scrubs an all kinds of lotions and potions lol she made me some scrub an it was mint and coconut and it smells bloody lovely x

Ok! So we're going ahead with the cuticle oil now and we've chosen Black Raspberry Vanilla, Yuzu Coconut (if you are a LUSH fan and you know Yuzu Cocoa it's very similar but I think it's nicer haha) and unscented.

These are the bottles I've chosen and I'm ordering 200 of them so far so there will be 66 of each fragrance roughly :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390897274.505319.jpg

As for the ingredients it's identical to CND solar oil minus the sweet almond oil. That will be replaced with coconut oil for people with allergies to nuts.

Does this sound ok so far? I didn't want to go too far into scents because I think I'll get too many options and end up frustrated. This way we have two nice ones, an unscented oil too and I think the bottles are cute. They will have my label on them with the fragrance name and the ingredients.

So far so good! Thoughts?

Ahh I just wanted to wish you good luck! I am about to branch into the world of making cosmetics and skin care and its really refreshing to see someone else using homemade stuff :) I think it makes you unique and you have the ability to create bespoke treatments.

Ahh I just wanted to wish you good luck! I am about to branch into the world of making cosmetics and skin care and its really refreshing to see someone else using homemade stuff :) I think it makes you unique and you have the ability to create bespoke treatments.

I couldnt agree with your more! yes the salon brands are great but they all start somewhere :-D i find that being able to have my own cuticle oil made means i can tailor it to suit my customers AND i can have fun with it too :-D plus Its also another way that we can make money :)

Ooh I remember having a chocolate orange moisturiser once. Can't for the life of me remember a brand name.
Anyways, I would absolutely purchase a range of chocolate orange products x

Ooh I remember having a chocolate orange moisturiser once. Can't for the life of me remember a brand name.
Anyways, I would absolutely purchase a range of chocolate orange products x

I will bear you in mind then if I create a chocolate scented range :)

I've just started with my own pedi products - I've found a supplier that stocks oils, butters, essential oils, stuff for making soaps and lotions, everything! I think the idea of own brand cuticle oils is genius, now I only have to find the bottles. Thanks for inspiration! :D

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just started with my own pedi products - I've found a supplier that stocks oils, butters, essential oils, stuff for making soaps and lotions, everything! I think the idea of own brand cuticle oils is genius, now I only have to find the bottles. Thanks for inspiration! :D

im honestly amazed i havent been abused yet lol because its not a "professional" product hahaha! So many people abuse me for my choice of Shellac polish yet a home bath and body business making products for personal & salon use and cuticle oil is ok LOL. kinda ironic BUT still glad I've been met with such positivity :-D I am so excited!

This is amazing I love raspberry scents. I make my own hand scrubs. I do a lemon sugar one, vanilla and a chocolate orange scrub 😊 they all smell so good

Who do you guys use to certify the products for safety? I've looked for a chemist for my lipbalm (when im totally happy with it) and soaps but not sure who is good. And reasonable.!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah I was gonna ask the same thing - how to certify those products?

im honestly amazed i havent been abused yet lol because its not a "professional" product hahaha!
Haha well I use organic honey which is maybe not a very professional product (all due respect to bees lol) but it gives awesome results and clients love it :D

Who do you guys use to certify the products for safety? I've looked for a chemist for my lipbalm (when im totally happy with it) and soaps but not sure who is good. And reasonable.!!
e

I use white/brown sugar and food essence, lemons and Virgin olive oil etc. Not very professional but smells gorgeous and leaves hands extremely soft 😊

I use white/brown sugar and food essence, lemons and Virgin olive oil etc. Not very professional but smells gorgeous and leaves hands extremely soft 😊
Yep which is fine for treatments in your salon but for those who want to make and sell products they have to be certified for safety. I notice the OP is using a company to make the products for her so I'm sure they have this sorted. It's such a minefield that it's a bit overwhelming.

Although having said it's fine, I dunno about using food extracts - why not try using essential oils instead? Lemon & Orange or Lime EOs are lovely in scrubs!

I am yet to get any products tested but when I do I will be using the following company as they have been recommended by all of my course tutors :)
http://www.cosmeticsafetyassessment.com/index.php?p=1_3_About-us

Yep which is fine for treatments in your salon but for those who want to make and sell products they have to be certified for safety. I notice the OP is using a company to make the products for her so I'm sure they have this sorted. It's such a minefield that it's a bit overwhelming.

Although having said it's fine, I dunno about using food extracts - why not try using essential oils instead? Lemon & Orange or Lime EOs are lovely in scrubs!

I only use lemon as it brightens the skin and whitens the nails. I've found the essential oils don't do this :-(

Anyone know where to get packaging from? I don't mean the bottles and jars etc but a small scale supplier of custom made branded boxes for the final product? Thanks!

I notice the OP is using a company to make the products for her so I'm sure they have this sorted. It's such a minefield that it's a bit overwhelming.

I've studied properly their website and it doesn't seem to be a minefield at all, also it's not very expensive to get your products certified. They've got links to fantastic suppliers, if you use their products you're safe. All safety data sheets are available and ready to print :)
Food extracts - I use chocolate one as essential oil doesn't exist, otherwise I prefer essentials.
Any update on cuticle oils?
Also any info where go get boxes?
I'm just looking for premisses to start my new project! I wanna have own production of bath salts, body butters, cuticle oils, soaps and aroma candles! Salon as it is plus boutique with my products :)
What do you think, guys?
Anyone been to Soap Shop in Torquay?

Latest posts

Back