School fetes and wedding fairs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am thinking of getting in touch with some local schools to see if I could take part in their fetes.. I only do nails and was thinking of doing a 'polish for £1' .. For me, I'd be basically getting a days advertising (I do childrens pamper parties as well as stuff for the adults!). Has anyone done this sort of thing and if so, how does it normally work? Do you charge a minimal amount to people at the fair and donate it all to the shool or do you donate say 50% off what you charge to cover some of the cost..? :eek::eek:
I havent got a clue so didnt want to dive in when contacting schools and sell myself short, at the same time I dont mind donating it all if thats how it works...

Also, has anyone had experience with doing a wedding fair? Im assuming they can be a bit pricey so was wondering whether you end up getting much work from them?

I'm a mobile nail tech working on soley by myself so I dont want to spend a fortune on something if it wouldnt be worth it...?

Any advice would be soooo appreciated! x

I did loads of school fayres at christmas and will be doing more as soon as the spring and summer fayres get going. I find them great for picking up business, especially for the kids pamper parties. Primary schools are the best as the mums all come with the children and stay while they get their nails painted. Great opportunity for handing out leaflets and price lists. I generally pay a 'table' fee of around £5 or £10 plus donate a couple of free treatment certificates for the raffle. Then I charge £2 or £3 per child for a quick polish and simple nailart which usually covers my costs plus a bit of profit. I have a large display with a choice of 6 colours and 6 nailart designs for them to choose from so they don't take ages to decide. I also have a 2-handed uv lamp with a fan which they think is a nail dryer (this gives them 3 minutes for the nails to be touch dry before they go charging about the place again!) :)

I've just done my first wedding fayre and did pick up some business on the day but will wait to see what turns up over the next few weeks before deciding whether it was worth the huge fee.

Cheers,
Hazel

Thanks for your reply Hazel, im going to get emailing! Do you get parents to sign a consent form or anything? x

I don't do a consent form for school fayres as the parent is usually with the child.

ok, thanks hun! I emailed loads of local schools last night so Im keeping my fingers crossed now! Thanks for your help! x

Latest posts

Back