Schwarzkopf Blondme Lifting advice.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_causey

Reaction score
Hi.
I've recently purchased some blondme high lift hair colour. I was just reading through the instructions and noticed they recommend using a 1:1 mixing ratio with developer. I've never used a high lift that doesn't require a 1:2 mixing ratio, and I was under the impression the extra lift came in part from the additional developer. Has anyone used blondme lifting before and does it give a good lift on bases 6 and 7.
Thanks.

Hi.
I've recently purchased some blondme high lift hair colour. I was just reading through the instructions and noticed they recommend using a 1:1 mixing ratio with developer. I've never used a high lift that doesn't require a 1:2 mixing ratio, and I was under the impression the extra lift came in part from the additional developer. Has anyone used blondme lifting before and does it give a good lift on bases 6 and 7.
Thanks.
1:2 is an older or more traditional mixing ratio to release amonia.
I'm not familiar with blonde me high lift, but is it "amonia free" by any chance?

1:2 is an older or more traditional mixing ratio to release amonia.
I'm not familiar with blonde me high lift, but is it "amonia free" by any chance?
No I've just checked the ingredients and they contain ammonia. They've been around for a long time, I actually found an instructional video on YouTube that was over 10 years old and the mixing ratio was 1:1 then. Well if the brand has been around that long it must be good. I'm a level 7 so I might test it on a small section of my own hair.

Will you let us know how it goes.
I'm interested in comparing high lifts. I have the impression koleston me doesn't lift as well as old formula. I tried matrix recently but wasn't sure if any better than wella, would need to repeat a few more times.

BlondMe is a high lift bleach (9 levels!) with ammonia. You should have no problem getting from a Level 6 or 7 to 10 if you want to with BlondeMe. The ratio on the instructions is pretty flexible, anywhere between 1:1.5 to 1:2.5. So at minimum, a little more than 1:1. Ultimately it depends on what technique you're using to apply the bleach, and whether you need a thicker or thinner mixture. BlondMe does swell so make sure to account for that.

Goldwell’s Hi lifts, lift great and you can add a blodnding cream to give a extra level of lift.

Hi.
Thanks.
Hi - they don’t lift as well as traditional 1:2 highlifts (3 levels at best imo) but tone much better.

Latest posts

Back