Schwarzkopf Igora grey range

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caldicott81

Reaction score
Hi I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the lowest Base colour igora royal tint will take from . I've got a client with Base 4 roots . Will dove grey take with 6, 9 or 12% as a pose to the sliver which will tone with 3% . I use wella you see . Just struggling on this one . Thank you

Are you wanting a grey colour ?? you would never get it unless the hair is at least around a 9 or 10 x

A clear 10 ideally! I'm in the same situation at the moment. I tried the lilac grey mixed with silver and applied to a roughly base 5 which had grey in it mixed with 6% and it barely did a thing. Your best lifting to a clear 10 then applying the colour x

The grey range is designed to work with 3% only. It is only a colour to deposit on pre lightened bases or grey/ white natural hair.
If you ring the help line they are really helpful.

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the lowest Base colour igora royal tint will take from . I've got a client with Base 4 roots . Will dove grey take with 6, 9 or 12% as a pose to the sliver which will tone with 3% . I use wella you see . Just struggling on this one . Thank you
Take it from me .. Used dove grey on a level 8 today ... Yuk yuk yuk .. Green brown mess .. Thought " it might work " big no no .. Has to be lighten to level 10 clean ..

Must try harder [emoji138]

The problem with these named colours is your not seeing the numbers from what I can see, a dove grey for example might be a 9.5-3 or whatever green is in schwarpskopf, I'm super weary of colours with names rather than numbers

The problem with these named colours is your not seeing the numbers from what I can see, a dove grey for example might be a 9.5-3 or whatever green is in schwarpskopf, I'm super weary of colours with names rather than numbers
Me too I like to know exactly where they sit on the colour wheel

Ahhh I didn't even think of looking at it this way !!

I was in Alan Howards yesterday and surprise surprise they didn't have any of the greys in again! They should put the number underneath the name!

Can you recommend a good colour very similar to lilac grey igora?

Yeah we are demanding training on these little buggers more at work. they are literally only for white hair/grey hair, and they are tone on tone colours.....so if you want to use these or pre lightened hair, it literally have to be lifted high, and perfectly even before you even go near with these.

Sorry I'm not used to schwarzkopf so use these greys does your clients hair have to be base 9/10 or a 10? Can it have any yellow/orange or tones in the hair? Or does it have to be clean slate?
Also do you apply this hair dye on wet or dye hair? Anyone can help me sorry about 70 questions X

yeah were talking bleached up hair that is as clean as possible, any hint of dark yellow or orange tone you will need to get rid of that first, I like 10.19 in essensity to get rid of yellow or 1,5.1 and 1,5.22 equal parts to get rid of anything darker/more orange. the Grey series don't lift or level out or cover, they are very translucent shimmering toners, clean base/slate in crucial. they come out quite mucky looking otherwise. alot of the shades are very dark too, Ive stuck with grey lilac and very diluted dove grey, diluters are the silver (get loads of silver in with this range as you may want to add it with most greys in this range) or you can mix them with BC treatment. hope this helps

yeah were talking bleached up hair that is as clean as possible, any hint of dark yellow or orange tone you will need to get rid of that first, I like 10.19 in essensity to get rid of yellow or 1,5.1 and 1,5.22 equal parts to get rid of anything darker/more orange. the Grey series don't lift or level out or cover, they are very translucent shimmering toners, clean base/slate in crucial. they come out quite mucky looking otherwise. alot of the shades are very dark too, Ive stuck with grey lilac and very diluted dove grey, diluters are the silver (get loads of silver in with this range as you may want to add it with most greys in this range) or you can mix them with BC treatment. hope this helps
How do you dilute it ? I used it and I went way to dark it almost looked black when processing and was a very dark grey when rinsed!

I use these all the time and love them, the slate grey does come out quite dark.
I presume lighten to yellow and then use lilac colour mouse and apply my chosen colour over that xx
In the wholesalers if u look through the absolutes colour chart it shows what to mix them with to achieve required colour xx

Would you suggest on wet or dry hair. ? With the dove gray? Im thinking of using the dove grey into the silver on the ends ? :)

Dry hair for 20 mins :)

Latest posts

Back