Schwarzkopf-Igora/tips, tricks & toning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily33

Reaction score
I've been using Redken for years and I know how to get any color I want, and can successfully do any color corrections. And I use Matrix V-light or Blonde Icing for bleach.But I'm switching to schwarzkopf for a number of reasons, but being soooo new to this line I keep coming up with questions and have no one to ask. And I can't afford the professional training for the line yet so I'm looking for advice.
One thing I need help with right away is toning blonds that may be a little bit gold when the client wants more of a beige or neutral blonde. When I was first starting out with Redken I just use Shades, their demi-permanent color line and mix a 9 or 10-blue or ice color. Which easily & quickly tones out any unwanted gold tones. But now if I'm actually using the color line instead of bleach I never really have any issues just because I know how Redken's colors turn out, so I know how to get the result I want. And same thing when highlightign with bleach now.
But I've had a couple new clients recently that are use to getting a full head/ on the scalp color application for blond (not bleach) And being new to Igora Royal, both times they came out a little warmer than I would've liked. I toned one with the last bit of the redken shades I had, and the other liked it the way it was. So I need to figure out what I should use out of the schwarzkopf line for toning?
And if someone has used this line for a long time, and really knows the in's & out's of this line, please share anything you can think of.

I've been using Redken for years and I know how to get any color I want, and can successfully do any color corrections. And I use Matrix V-light or Blonde Icing for bleach.But I'm switching to schwarzkopf for a number of reasons, but being soooo new to this line I keep coming up with questions and have no one to ask. And I can't afford the professional training for the line yet so I'm looking for advice.
One thing I need help with right away is toning blonds that may be a little bit gold when the client wants more of a beige or neutral blonde. When I was first starting out with Redken I just use Shades, their demi-permanent color line and mix a 9 or 10-blue or ice color. Which easily & quickly tones out any unwanted gold tones. But now if I'm actually using the color line instead of bleach I never really have any issues just because I know how Redken's colors turn out, so I know how to get the result I want. And same thing when highlightign with bleach now.
But I've had a couple new clients recently that are use to getting a full head/ on the scalp color application for blond (not bleach) And being new to Igora Royal, both times they came out a little warmer than I would've liked. I toned one with the last bit of the redken shades I had, and the other liked it the way it was. So I need to figure out what I should use out of the schwarzkopf line for toning?
And if someone has used this line for a long time, and really knows the in's & out's of this line, please share anything you can think of.
9 1/2 - 1 is lovely for toning and 9 1/2 - 4. Ive got all the numbers written down somewhere, ill find soon. xx

.4 is beige in igora.
They're really nice colours I used them for ages.
I've tried their new fashion colours and they were good.
The hardest thing with them is the numbering .5 being gold in most lines it's .3, but other then that I really like them

I loved using schwarzcopff but my salon is now matrix. Which is takin me a bit of gettin use to! Do they still have the blonde me collection the ice blonde was amazing for toning and great on scalp but i know they recently changed colour collections. I would say 9 1/2.1 or 9 1/2.49 were great colours too

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

I second 9.5/1 and 9.5/4 are both great toners..

All the 9/12 range are toners I love 9/12 4 beige 9/12 1 ash and 9/12 0 neutral
Get the free igora house of colour app on android phones it helps

I've been using schwarzkopf for 10 years now, yes all the 9 1/2 are toners there is not a 9 1/2 .0 any more it is now D0 and it is to dilute tone, E1 can be added to cool down any colour, the .00 are really good for covering resistant white but bear im mind they are quite warm ,love vibrance , experts mousse and the bleaches which their is also an additive called cool lift to put in with the bleach and its geat :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back