Science Topic: Warts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally if I saw a client with a verruca or wary I would refuse to do the treatment or just wear gloves throughout and only remove them after I've finished the polish and they are good to go

More often than not I've refused to carry out the treatment to prevent cross infection or contamination

Useful info .. Thanks Envy :))

I remember seeing on Embarrassing Bodies once that cases of verrucas / warts that are tricky to get rid of may be an indicator that someone has a weakened immune system... ? X

That picture still haunts me, poor little girl x

My ten year had a lot of warts on his fingers a few years ago. I tried the freezing sprays etc from chemists but they didn't work and caused a lot of pain. Our GP suggested filing the top of each wart to expose it and break the skin and then covering it up with silver gaffa tape. After a couple of weeks the warts went and they have never returned. I did throw the file out btw!

My dad has warts on his back and puts Duct Tape on them... They just fall off!! Xx

Just to bump this up again. I fin it really odd that some therapists never seem to have any clients with warts or verrucas. I have had a many, some which I have had to refuse, some which I have considered safe to work on.

I cleanse the feet before any pedi, even just a file and polish and this is when I look for any possible signs, is this when all other therapists do it?
What do you actually say given that we are not meant to diagnose?

Thankyou

Just to bump this up again. I fin it really odd that some therapists never seem to have any clients with warts or verrucas. I have had a many, some which I have had to refuse, some which I have considered safe to work on.

I cleanse the feet before any pedi, even just a file and polish and this is when I look for any possible signs, is this when all other therapists do it?
What do you actually say given that we are not meant to diagnose?

Thankyou
What I say to the client is they may have what I suspect is a wart or whatever it is and I am by no means a doctor etc but I would advise them to seek medical advice/ treatment or to find out what it is exactly .
Unfortunately I can't carry out the pedicure to prevent cross infection etc. simple really

Would I be right in thinking that as a virus the wart virus cannot be spread via Nail Lacquer or SOG bottles and therefore would not be transferable via a 'tub' based SOG either? Just trying to establish that a pot based SOG offers the same 'unwelcome' environment to infections and viruses as a bottle does?

Interestingly I was the second person to comment on this thread in May last year. We had tried everything on my son....freezing, vinegar, filing, duct tape, you name it we tried it! Eventually we just gave up and let them be - he always wore socks in the house, kept them covered when swimming etc. He was diagnosed as having mosaic verrucas with possibly 100 plus on each foot!!

Last week he came downstairs and told us they'd all gone. They have simply disappeared and the massive wart on his hand has shrunk to nearly nothing. I honestly didn't believe they go of there own accord - I was wrong!

Interestingly I was the second person to comment on this thread in May last year. We had tried everything on my son....freezing, vinegar, filing, duct tape, you name it we tried it! Eventually we just gave up and let them be - he always wore socks in the house, kept them covered when swimming etc. He was diagnosed as having mosaic verrucas with possibly 100 plus on each foot!!

Last week he came downstairs and told us they'd all gone. They have simply disappeared and the massive wart on his hand has shrunk to nearly nothing. I honestly didn't believe they go of there own accord - I was wrong!

That happened to my niece, she was covered - hands, feet, face but she wouldn't let the drs do anything and then when she was about 10, they all dropped off!

Also despite being covered and having 2 siblings no one else in the household ever 'caught' warts form her? Go figure lol x

Latest posts

Back