Scotland trip, 2016

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen889

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Well after years of planning and canceling we just officially booked our trio to Scotland for September next year. Although far away I'm hoping to meet a geek or two as I'd love to get my nails done or a facial.

Those of you in Edinburgh, could you let me know who you are so I can keep a list close?!! I'm very excited.

Also, if you have any must see/visit/ eat at please let me know. We booked tours but have about two days of free time in the city :D

Oh I hope you like scotland im from just outside Glasgow :)

You should take a day trip to Glasgow can get the train and won't take long ..

What you thinking off doing and I can maybe help?

We booked a 5 day tour that does the highlands, isle of Skye etc. It starts in Edinburgh, goes all the way up to Inverness and past to ardvreck castle, over to isle of Skye and back down to glen coe and finishes back in Edinburgh. We booked another day tour that does Roslyn chapel, glascow, england border and the Hadrian's wall. Then we have a full "free day" planned in Edinburgh so we were thinking of visiting the castle and sight seeing. Is there anything we are missing?

We're big foodies and enjoy different pubs so would love some suggestions in city center for Edinburgh :)

We booked a 5 day tour that does the highlands, isle of Skye etc. It starts in Edinburgh, goes all the way up to Inverness and past to ardvreck castle, over to isle of Skye and back down to glen coe and finishes back in Edinburgh. We booked another day tour that does Roslyn chapel, glascow, england border and the Hadrian's wall. Then we have a full "free day" planned in Edinburgh so we were thinking of visiting the castle and sight seeing. Is there anything we are missing?

We're big foodies and enjoy different pubs so would love some suggestions in city center for Edinburgh :)

There's the rat pack bar in the west end of Edinburgh that do amazing cocktails!
Edinburgh dungeons?
Edinburgh zoo?
Afternoon tea at the Dome is meant to be amazing!
We have sightseeing buses that take you on a tour of Edinburgh.
Mary queens close?
And there are ghost tours that I think start on either the royal mile or Cockburn street.
Or Arthur's seat is a gorgeous walk!

Hope that helps I haven't been to all these places but they are meant to be amazing.
As for food there's; tgi Fridays,Chiquitos, carverys, frankie and bennis, nacho fiesta etc but you can find them everywhere so I done know If you're looking for something different. There's a baked tattie shop on Cockburn street that's meant to be the best.
Hope you enjoy your visit xxx

Latest posts

Back