Scottish geeks please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
if there are any geeks from scotland that can give me some advice i would be so greatfull,
i am spending new years in scotland and me with my hubby and my sister with her hubby we are renewing our wedding vowles in gretna green on 31st december, we will have 5 children with us, youngest being 7 and oldest being 16,
we were planning on traveling to edinbirgh for the hoggmany celebrations and to see in the new year but have had many people say it is not a good time to take the kids so now we are trying to find a party/celebration we can take the kids to, i have tryed googling it but found nothing and have called the gretna green and edinburgh tourist information but have found nothing yet. i am getting really worried not as we have less than 2 weeks and need to find something for us to do that the kids can attend
can any geeks in scotland please let me know if they have any ideas of things to do
thanks sooooooo much in advance

Hey hun,

Congrats on the renewal of wedding vows.

You need tickets for the Edinburgh Hogmanay celebrations and they are probably all gone by now, but you never know you may still get some though they limit how many you can get. A friend of mine took her children several times and you alway see loads on the TV so I am sure it would be OK so long as you are carefull.

Why not try calling Forth One FM, Ediniburgh's local radio station and tell them your problem they may be able to help. Because New Year is such a big thing up here parties tend to be sold out weeks in advance.

By the way we used to live in Stevenage before we moved to Scotland, my daughter was born there 13 1/2 years ago.

Hope you manage to find something.

Love Trish :hug:

I would really love to help you out here....I mean everyone goes on about HOGMONAY (New Years Eve) in Scotland....but I don't really do it!
I sometime don't even wait up for the Bells....and rarely venture out after them!!

Beautyseeker has given some good advice though.

I would have thought there would be something going on in Gretna though or near by.

Congratulations on you vow renewal....hope it all goes well.

I would really love to help you out here....I mean everyone goes on about HOGMONAY (New Years Eve) in Scotland....but I don't really do it!
I sometime don't even wait up for the Bells....and rarely venture out after them!!

Beautyseeker has given some good advice though.

I would have thought there would be something going on in Gretna though or near by.

Congratulations on you vow renewal....hope it all goes well.

Izzidoll,,,,,,,, is that what i think it is on your picture, im sure that came from my nana's bathroom!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha

thanks for the advice, we do have the edinburgh tickets as we booked them a while back bbut was worried about taking the kids, i did try phoning around for some other things to do but found nothing, looks like we will be going to the edinburgh celebrations afterall and just keeping the kids on a tight reign:)
Hey hun,

Congrats on the renewal of wedding vows.

You need tickets for the Edinburgh Hogmanay celebrations and they are probably all gone by now, but you never know you may still get some though they limit how many you can get. A friend of mine took her children several times and you alway see loads on the TV so I am sure it would be OK so long as you are carefull.

Why not try calling Forth One FM, Ediniburgh's local radio station and tell them your problem they may be able to help. Because New Year is such a big thing up here parties tend to be sold out weeks in advance.

By the way we used to live in Stevenage before we moved to Scotland, my daughter was born there 13 1/2 years ago.

Hope you manage to find something.

Love Trish :hug:

Latest posts

Back