Scottish Geeky Waxing Workshop March 2008

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WooHoo..........I'm booked for the class.
Roll on 17th March.
See y'all there, although I don't know if I can go 2 weeks with hairy bits !!!:eek:

12 days and counting, Geeks! :D If you aren't already growing your hair, please throw that razor away right now, lol.

Things you need to know:
  • We will be working on each other, so please do come prepared to be waxed (legs are fine; underarms, forearms, eyebrows, lips and bikini lines are an added bonus).
  • This is a practical workshop - Murphy's Law states that if you wear your best Diesel jeans you will get wax on them, so please come in your salon uniform or similar professional workwear.
  • Lunch is very kindly being provided by Derek and Christine.
  • Certificates will be sent out after the workshop.
  • There is no obligation to purchase anything at all, but for those Geeks that enjoy using the waxes there will be an opportunity to order products and special discounted starter kits directly from Thalgo. I'm not taking orders at the workshop this time, sorry folks but it gets too complicated when I start getting involved in that side of things.
  • We have a waiting list of Geeks who are very keen to take any spare places, so if you know you won't be able to make it on the 17th please let me know as soon as possible and I can give your space to someone else.
Also, we are in desperate need of wax heaters!! If you have a large 1000cc heater by Hive, Duelli or Ellisons, or a smaller heater with a spare removable inner bucket, please let me know and please bring it with you on the day. I only have room for one pot in my luggage, so I'm relying on you folks to help! :D

That's it for now, I'll be sending a reminder email to everyone next week but feel free to email or PM with any questions in the meantime.

Really looking forward to seeing you all soon :green:

Andy x

Last edited:
I can't wait

I have a heater Andy and I will bring it no problem:hug:

Looking forward to it.

Unfortunately I only have one wax heater and it doesn't have a removeable bucket, so I don't think it will be any use. I guess I will eventually have to buy one though.

See you on the 17th x:)

Hi everyone,

I have a spare wax pot with removable pot so I'll bring that along. I may even have my new hot wax heater from Australian Body Care so I may bring that along too!

David from ABC Beauty has kindly given me leaflets on this new heater which was launched at the Excel Show. Everyone will get the chance to buy the heater at the show offer price - but only through me!

See you all there - hairy ones! lol

Just to let you know Andy that we have a new large 1000cc heater on order - will be with us next week!

I have a 1000cc heater and two small 500cc heaters which I will bring along.

Let me know if you still require heaters as I can bring one too if needed.

Alison
x

That's fantastic, thanks folks.

There are 5 non-strip waxes and an assortment of strip waxes to sample, so as many heaters as possible would be great - we'll put them all to good use!

Djane, the large 1000cc heater is perfect, and if your smaller 500cc heaters have a spare removable inner bucket that is great too - bring what you can comfortably carry :hug:

LBR - I'm looking forward to trying the new ABC heater, I didn't get chance to have a nosey at ExCel so I'm intrigued to see how it performs. It's certainly an innovative concept.

See you all soon! :green: xx

Good Luck everyone....I am sure you will all have a fab day....and be well looked after!!!

Sorry, but I have appointments in Edinburgh and won't be there tomorrow....duty calls and all that!!!
I will get to meet Andy on Monday night or Tuesday....depending on the traffic back from Edinburgh :eek:

Sorry I can't get to meet all you lovely geeks.......will need to wait until the Scottish Beauty Show :lol:

Hey Andy.........have a great time meeting the Scottish geeks. Wish I was there. Have fun all of you. xxx

Just a thank you to Andi and all who were at the waxing workshop today, what a great day and how wonderful is that wax. Hope everyone got home safely. Txx:)

Hi, just to say it was nice meeting everyone today and thanks to Andy for all the great info he gave us - learnt a lot !! Also thanks to Urban Angel for accommodating us all and for the goodies !! Will be ordering my wax soon.:):)

Thanks for today Andi - you are my hero! Thanks to Derek and Christine for the lovely venue and brill lunch and to Angela and Izzi who made it all happen (god this is sounding like the lovvies!!)

Great meeting everyone who was there today.

Ax

It was a fantastic day

Andy is even more my hero now so I will continue to stalk him even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek and Christine what fantastic hosts you are and what a beautiful salon I can't wait for my next visit. Thanks so much for everything you have done xxxxxxx

Izzi we really missed you thanks for making it possible xxxxx:hug:

And finally fellow geeks it was so fantastic to meet you all I hope it is the start of regular Scottish Geek Meets xxxxx

Glad you all had a great day....sorry I didn't make it...I didn't even make it back in time to go for a meal and a drink with Andy, Derek & co!!!
Goddam that Edinburgh traffic!!!
Still I shall get to meet Andy tomorow...................can't wait!!!

Yes, it was a great day, can't wait to order my wax.....Again a big thank you to Andy for coming up and showing us all his tricks!
And also to Derek and Christine for accommmodating us, lunch was lovely.
It's also good to put a face to a name in meeting all the other girls, hopefully we can all meet again soon.
x

Hi everyone,

Had a brilliant day yesterday and really enjoyed learning and using the non strip waxes. The waxes Andy used were really brilliant.

Off tonight to finish off doing my waxing on myself and yet again early to bed as I was so tired last night.:zzz:

Nice to meet everyone!

Last edited:
Ditto to all the above!

Thanks to all you made it such an enjoyable day!
Everyone was really friendly, and I feel a lot more enthusiastic towards the dreaded bikini lines now!

Thanks again, Alli, for the lift. (I would never have found the salon on my own!) You're a star!

:hug: xx

I had a fantastic time I enjoyed every min even the nose wax:eek::lol:
Andy you are a star you help loads and made it look so easy.
Derek and Christine you have a beautiful salon and that lunch was so nice thank you guys.

I have been and ordered some of the waxes already this morning and I cant wait until they arrive looks like it will be play time in my house.

I left my house yesterday at 6.20am and didn't get home last night until 9pm mostly due to the fact it was bad snow on the road home, I am so tired today I could quite happily spend the whole day in bed:lol:
I have got to say a huge thank you to LBR for the lift I honestly don't think I could have driven all that way I would have been falling asleep at the wheel so thanks hun xxx:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back