Scottish Geeky Waxing Workshop March 2008

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom

Reaction score
The Geeky Waxing Roadshow is coming to Scotland!! :D

Thanks to a very generous offer from Derek (the-male-geek) and Christine, plus the efforts of Isabel (izzidoll) and Angela (martigirl), we're looking at running a free waxing workshop in the Glasgow area on Monday 17th March.

SCOTTISH GEEKY WAXING WORKSHOP

Are you up-to-date with the latest products, techniques and developments in the waxing world? The new generation of non-strip waxes by companies such as Perron Rigot, Lycon, Depileve, Hive and Reference are set to revolutionise the face of temporary hair removal with their advanced formulations and unique 'shrink wrapping' abilities, but their use is currently a little known art within the UK.

With waxing as popular as ever in the salon, there’s never been a better time to refresh our knowledge and enhance our skills with a FREE Geeky Waxing Workshop, Scots style! :green:

DETAILS

Date: Monday 17th March 2008
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm (lunch is provided, big thanks to Derek!)
Venue: Renfrew, near Glasgow (map and directions will be supplied)
Cost: FREE OF CHARGE to Geeks

CONTENT
  • Introduction to new generation non-strip waxes
  • Refresher on contra-indications and cautions
  • Demonstration of non-strip waxing techniques
  • Play time: practice on fellow attendees
  • Troubleshooting, hints and tips
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

Attendees must hold a recognised waxing or sugaring qualification and insurance, or be in training. As waxing techniques will be practiced on each other, everyone attending the workshop must be prepared to be waxed on the day; please grow an assortment of hair for at least 2 weeks beforehand (e.g. legs, underarms, or even your bikini line if you’re feeling particularly brave!).

HOW TO BOOK

Sorry folks, we're full for this workshop - watch the boards for future dates!

Spaces are limited and restricted to existing Geeks, PLEASE only book yourself a place once you are 100% certain that you can attend. If you fail to show on the day without letting me know in advance, you’ll face the wrath of me and any fellow Geeks who missed out on a place (and I bite!).

0 SPACES LEFT

I'm adding names as people book on - if you'd rather not have your name appear in lights, just send me a quick PM and I'll remove it.

Attending: the-male-geek, izzidoll, Martigirl, Alli, Nail Perfection, Klassy Klaws, Alimac, LBR, catherine creane, trudiblue, topcat1008, Angelaznailz, djane

I look forward to seeing you all on the day!

Wax on!! :green:

Andy x

Last edited:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: What the heck is non-strip wax??! What’s so great about this new generation of waxes anyway?
A: You may have heard it referred to as hard wax, peelable wax, film wax or hot wax. Traditional hot wax is applied in a thick layer or built up over several layers, usually in a fiddly figure-of-eight pattern to ensure a thorough coating of all hairs. It is left to cool and harden on the skin and is then removed by hand, taking the hair with it. New generation non-strip waxes share these unique ‘shrink wrapping’ abilities but are lower in temperature, easier to apply and stay flexible as they cool, making them much more comfortable for the client and an ideal choice for removing short, coarse and stubborn hairs anywhere on the body.

Q: I’ve never used non-strip waxes before, am I still welcome to attend?
A: Yes, absolutely! The workshop is open to all qualified and student hair removal technicians, regardless of your level of experience, the brand you currently use or your preferred technique (strip wax, hot wax or sugaring). A full introduction to modern non-strip waxes will be provided, and there will be plenty of time to play with the products and practice your skills during the remainder of the workshop.

Q: Does this workshop cover Brazilian waxing or male waxing techniques?
A: No, although there will be an opportunity to discuss these techniques with fellow attendees. If any Geeks want to offer their husbands or boyfriends for demonstration purposes, however, I will gladly show a few basic techniques for the more commonly requested areas (backs and chests) to whet your appetite! :wink2:

Q: Can I bring a friend / colleague?
A: Because these workshops get so busy, I'm afraid we have to restrict places to existing members of SalonGeek so that everyone who wants to attend is able to do so. Please PM me for details of alternative training dates.

Q: Do I have to buy anything on the day?
A: No. Leave your purse at home if you don’t believe me! :D

Q: What’s in it for you?
A: You can buy me a gin and tonic next time we meet.

Q: What’s the catch?
A: Oh ye of little faith :green: There isn’t one, just come along and share the love!

More questions? I live to serve. Please PM me or post them here for all to see.

Andy x

Last edited:
Sounds fab!

Just what I need as waxing has never been my favourite treatment but I think this course could change all that!:)

I will check regularly on here for more details, thank you very much in advance. xx

Andy I am now jealous, a whole day indeed, how very dare you!

Seriously though, you scottish girls, get on this course if you can Andy is fantastic and you will have a great day with him.

I will be there with bells on plaguing the life out of poor Andy:)

I would love it so much:hug:
For me I would like it to be a whole day as I have to come over 300 miles to get there so longer the better:lol:

Hi i am very interested in this workshop - wee question though - will you be coming to Edinburgh at all as that is where i am based but am willing to travel to Glasgow if not.
Sounds great - ive not been to any geek workshops before so anything other than growing hair do i need to do before it ?
I'll keep an eye on this thread.
Thanks Faye:green:

Andy I am now jealous, a whole day indeed, how very dare you!

Oops, sorry Julie, I'll make it up to ya! :D

Hi i am very interested in this workshop - wee question though - will you be coming to Edinburgh at all as that is where i am based but am willing to travel to Glasgow if not.
Sounds great - ive not been to any geek workshops before so anything other than growing hair do i need to do before it ?
I'll keep an eye on this thread.
Thanks Faye:green:

Hi Faye,

I don't have any plans to come to Edinburgh this year as I try and rotate my visits around the UK, so Glasgow might be your best bet in the short term.

There are no pre-requisites other than those mentioned in the first post, although I may be asking people to bring their waxpots with them (this isn't compulsory, but it will help). A crop of hair and willingness to wax is all I ask, lol!

May main concern at the moment is seeing how many Geeks are interested, so that I can make a decision on whether we have a full or half-day workshop. So far, one vote for a full-day! :D

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Andy x

:) Definitely up for this and glad it's a whole day - suits me just fine! Can't wait!!

Full day for me too:hug:

Oops, sorry Julie, I'll make it up to ya! :D

Hi Faye,

I don't have any plans to come to Edinburgh this year as I try and rotate my visits around the UK, so Glasgow might be your best bet in the short term.

There are no pre-requisites other than those mentioned in the first post, although I may be asking people to bring their waxpots with them (this isn't compulsory, but it will help). A crop of hair and willingness to wax is all I ask, lol!

May main concern at the moment is seeing how many Geeks are interested, so that I can make a decision on whether we have a full or half-day workshop. So far, one vote for a full-day! :D

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Andy x

Hi Andy
Sounds great and Glasgow not far so no problems - full day would suit me more too.
Thanks Faye

Hi Guys

Just bumping this thread up for Andy (Axiom).

Just to make you all aware Andy is going to great lengths to ensure you all have a fabulous day (or half day if that's what you decide).

It's also worth noting again that Andy is traveling to Scotland and holding this class FREE OF CHARGE. He is forgoing his usual daily fee, traveling and accommodation expenses ALL FOR YOU GUYS.

So, please buy into this concept.........if there is any other geeks out there who are interested in coming along then please, please, please reply to this thread and register your interest!!!!

Don't be shy.......:green:

I would definetly like to attend if it is on one day!!:)

Sounds good to me, count me in.

Trish :hug:

wow it sounds great

enjoy it geeks

Hi this sounds like a great ideal would def like the full day option and I am based in Glasgow so suits me :lol:

Please let me know what the details are about registering and I will do it

regards catherine

Count me in too, can't wait!

A never to be repeated offer that is just far too fantastic to be missed.

A never to be repeated offer that is just far too fantastic to be missed.

I count 8 geeks for a full day including your good self Angela....looking good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back