Scrapbook "Album" for Wedding?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Ok... I've been bitten by the bug and want to buy a Scrapbook "album" to record the planning of my wedding, any shower if I have one and the wedding itself, all in ONE book.

I am so confused by all this scrapbooking stuff. I can get oodles and oodles and OODLES more of all the blank pages and crafty stuff, stickers and labels from the dollar store (GOSH if you saw the LOADS of scrapbooking stuff there for only 1$, you'd DIE!!!! I put a pkg together for my neice of pages, protectors, stickers and lables, decorations, 3d stuff and what not galore for only 25$ to be told by a scrapbook person that I probably saved my neice about 100$ or more:eek:)

I was out today at Walmart, and looked in the craft section and the albums they had had only maximum of 20pages in them.
Can you add more pages to an Album? Are they expandable? And how many pages can you get into it?

Also, a good "WEdding" type of Album.. where would I find that? How much? I googled, but since I dont know exactly what I need....

Any scrapbook-crazies about to point me in the right direction?

My husband and I just celebrated our anniversary.
I wish I would have had thought about doing an wedding planning album.
It's a great idea.
I know nothing about scrapbooking except for what my clients show me.
Is there any way, you can keep me up to date, I would love to see it.
The best times of your livesXxXx

Ok... I've been bitten by the bug and want to buy a Scrapbook "album" to record the planning of my wedding, any shower if I have one and the wedding itself, all in ONE book.

I am so confused by all this scrapbooking stuff. I can get oodles and oodles and OODLES more of all the blank pages and crafty stuff, stickers and labels from the dollar store (GOSH if you saw the LOADS of scrapbooking stuff there for only 1$, you'd DIE!!!! I put a pkg together for my neice of pages, protectors, stickers and lables, decorations, 3d stuff and what not galore for only 25$ to be told by a scrapbook person that I probably saved my neice about 100$ or more:eek:)

hehe i know i bought a suitcase full of stuff while in florida and brought it back with me rofl

just one thing to be awars victoria, you have to make sure everything you use to stick in the book, whether it be pre-bought stickers or glue or tape you use to stick things in with has to acid/lignin free as otherwise it will damage the photos over time, so make sure you look out for that, ive made the mistake of buying cheap stuff in the past and using it a scrapbook then after a while, its 'ate' away at the photo, luckily i only use copies in my books and keep another photo album too, but just be careful babes

I was out today at Walmart, and looked in the craft section and the albums they had had only maximum of 20pages in them.
Can you add more pages to an Album? Are they expandable? And how many pages can you get into it?

yes nearly all albums are expandable, just make sure you buy the correct pages to go in it, some albums have two posts some have three, if you lift the cardboard flap inside the back cover hun, you will see two or 3 (poss 4) metal posts, then you will know what type of refil page to buy,
now as for how mnay you can add, most say up to 40 pages in total, i have some books with only 22 / 24 pages that are jammed full others with 52 pages etc, it depends on the pages, if you just do flat pages then you will get more in, however im one for sticking bottle tops, napkins, and other 3d items in anything to go with the photos on that page, so the more depth your pages have the less will fit in the book (hope this makes sense hun)

Also, a good "WEdding" type of Album.. where would I find that? How much? I googled, but since I dont know exactly what I need....

Any scrapbook-crazies about to point me in the right direction?

there are loads of lovely albums out there hun, but they can get expensive, anything from £15-£60 ($30-$120) now one of the girls i met through a craft site similar to geek site, did her own weding album well actually did two, one she bought in Michaels (dont know if you have them as well as usa hun) but the other was a cheap walmart one she picked up, which she backed in her wedding dress material (she had her dress made) then added lace and rings etc to it, it looks lush and cost a fraction of the michaels one, so play around and be creative, you can pretty much add anything you want to the cover , or get one where there is a opening on the front for a picture, then add a lovley wedding shot hun

Hths xxxxx

I used an A4 ringbider folder for my wedding planning, with it all sectioned off into different areas of the wedding that needed organising e.g dress/rings/decorations etc.
I gave each section a decorative cover.

I only put a picture on the front with a title"Ria and Jonathan's wedding plans", but like Nicky said maybe you could cover it in some fabric.

As far as the album goes, maybe contact a local photographer to enquire what they use/recommend, they may sell them seperatly.

i would go with nicky and cover it with frabric....i think a scrapbook for wedding stuff is a brilliant idea.....which i done it when i got married to my wonderfull hubby xx

now one of the girls i met through a craft site similar to geek site, did her own weding album well actually did two, one she bought in Michaels (dont know if you have them as well as usa hun) but the other was a cheap walmart one she picked up, which she backed in her wedding dress material (she had her dress made) then added lace and rings etc to it, it looks lush and cost a fraction of the michaels one, so play around and be creative, you can pretty much add anything you want to the cover , or get one where there is a opening on the front for a picture, then add a lovley wedding shot hun

Hths xxxxx

I had actually thought on this... thinking that I can buy a HUMONGOUS binder (those giant ones with the spine that's like 2" across?) and cover it in fabric and stuff with batting to make it cushy... My friend used to make photo-albums like this all the time.

And thanks for the tip re: the acid/lignin (what was that word? LOL) free stuff.
I'll be sure to check anything I buy.

THANKS!!!

Hey Victoria!

I see congrats are in order!! :hug: CONGRATULATIONS HUNNY :hug:

Have a look at www.weddingpath.com - you can build your own wedding website and give the address to all your guests, saves money on invites! Or people can just pop on and keep up-to-date with your plans.

Enjoy xxxx

Hiya, Try this site, KraftyatKrafts Home Page
I live in the uk, but as well as all my beauty stuff and a hectic lifstyle, when i remove my brush!! so to speek, i make cards as well, and ive ordered off this lady lots of times but its an craft American site, so it'l be right up you street. no pun intended! lol
Denyse is loverly and so helpfull, so maybe you could give her a ring and im sure she'l have what you want or at least point you in the right direction!!
You could also get some crafy hearts and wooden pegs for valentines day!!
Hope this helps
CAZ X

ahhhhh Victoria.....why spend money on a scrapbook, when you have your very own, free, blog right here for you and us to enjoy. You can download pics to share and keep track of everything....it can even be saved onto a disc.

xx

wow a wedding scrapbook, what a fab idea

i have a friend getting married in jamaica in february, i'm gonna pinch your idea Victoria and tell her to get started asap

ahhhhh Victoria.....why spend money on a scrapbook, when you have your very own, free, blog right here for you and us to enjoy. You can download pics to share and keep track of everything....it can even be saved onto a disc.

xx

ooh that sounds like a fabby idea - and it's all free too! (and us nosey lot can keep up with all the goings on too!)

xx

LOL
Don't worry luv, I will most CERTAINLY keep all of you abreast and by the end of it all, you shall be bored to tears of my incessant ramblings (remember: I do tend to run on... and on... and on.....:lol:)

I dont know why I want one. I just do. The idea of decorating each page with all sorts of embellishments and keeping odds and ends like scraps of fabric, or napkins, or notes to remind me of tasks to do scribbled by hand, and pasted in a book... pictures of everything...
It just appeals to me no end.

It will likely be the one and only one I ever do, as I truly do NOT have the time for such craft projects. But it'll be a treasure.

As for saving blog to disc: I DIDN'T KNOW THAT:eek:
it's funny.
Was just thinking today how very much I missed keeping journals, and how they kept me sane during many troublesome years... And I can't keep a paper one now as hubby is a right snoop:irked:
That is AWESOME news for me and my sanity:green:
Of course, again, I'll probably bore all of you dreadfully with my incessant soap operas

:lol::lol::lol:

I don,t know if this has been mentioned..but

Get a photo album (very large) pad the frount of it and cover with cream or white fabric.. Leave a space in the middle to put a lovely photo of you both in..

With a photo album you can then stick all the important stuff into it with no probs..

Decorate the outside with the colours you have chosen for your wedding.. (make some little flowers or buy some and add this to the frount of the book)

My sister did this for our wedding and it looks great.. you can then make as many as you need and they will all match..

Have fun it sounds like a great idea.

hiya,
have you tried ebay for a scrapbook/album? i did a scrapbook for my partner and kids for xmas and there is tons of gorgeous ones on ebay and alot of them are really reasonably priced. good luck, mine took some doing, thought id never get it finished in time but its worth it when you have finished.

Latest posts

Back