scratch do

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all so much for coming to the Scratch Party and making the night so much fun, as I said in my speech, its thanks to you guys that we are here......anyway I has had a fought....we won't have to wait a whole year for another party, Scratch will be having its first birthday bash in May, well I think I should pull out all the stops for that one.

Again thank you all tons, lots of love.

Scott

I had such a long lie in this morning (bliss!) i'm still awake now! 12.35 am, whoops!

It was a good night (Thanks again Nickki and Eddie!), but definetely could of done with name badges, poor Debs must've had everyone coming up to her because of her photograph, me being one of them! It was nice though as I got to meet Nats and Mandi as well!

hey Liza, I think I had a natter to you in the loos about your new shoes, (nice poetry!) how were your feet after the dancing?

Ought to get to bed now!

Suey x lol

liza smith said:
One more thing, Mr. geek I think we should have a party to introduce everyone to each other (not that u havnt got enough to do already!)
But just a thought

what a great idea a geek/geekettes party so we can all finally meet how about it mr geek ???

:D :D :D

liza smith

Reaction score
WOW

So, am i the 1st person up & funtioning after the really great evening that was the Scratch party :?: :!: :D
What a night!
great champange :D great food :D great music :D & great,great people :D :D
A huge well done to Alex & Scott & the good news is they promised to do it again next year :D
I wonder how long it will take the rest of them 2 surface!
The only problem i had was that i didnt know who any of you guys were (apart from the Creative team of course)
I was the one in the killer red shoes! & i use the term killer for more than one reason(my poor feet :? )
One more thing, Mr. geek I think we should have a party to introduce everyone to each other (not that u havnt got enough to do already!)
But just a thought
Who else was there & what did u think? :D
lol liza xx

Well I didn`t sleep at all, but didn`t want to approach the board cos I thought I`d be lonely here all by myself.
Wow, what a night, it was great and certainly looking forward to next year, I`ll know a lot of people too. The only thing about last night was everyone knew who I was but I didn`t know anyone!!!!! at least at first, I came out of there with a few more friends and certainly faces to names I knew.

hi
it was a good nite its nice to at last put some faces to names- i have got pics on my digi cam- i mite post them one day......lol ;)
i enjoyed myself - i hope everyone else who went did?
the only thing was that the nite seemed to go so quick!

Jess
;)

ps i was in a black skirt and a stripy corset top

hi girls well im a bit of a shy one so i didnt get chatting to many people! went along with my freind suey and my hubbie we had a great time lovely food great music everyone was so freindly and i think a great time was had by all!!
Alex and Scott did a great job with their speeches they where so brave!!!!!!! realy looking forward to next years!!
we realy should have a party (great idear Liza!!) with name badges so we know who is who!!! he he if not next year at scratch we should all definatley wear team geek t.shirts with our names printed on the back! lol why dont we do that for excel? that would be fun!
i had a fab time was very glam! never had champagne before hic! (only had one though still got that bad tooth but it sure made it feel better! :D
nickki jonesx

Sounds like you had a great time everybody. No body likes a party pooper ... and it sure sounds like no one pooped to me!!! LOL!

It would be nice to see some photos of the great occassion on one or other of the many sites around at the moment.

So many sites lately it's hard keeping up with them all!

Love
Sue
xxx

Twas a very good night (early morning as well *yawn*)
But lousy drive home (took us 8 hours to get home).
Was very cool meeting so many of you from the site... have some pics on my camera but don’t have the doofer to post them... will post something tomorrow.
Wish we would have had more time to talk (I mean shout over the music) to each other, but the night seemed far to short to get enough quality time with everyone.
Al and Scott expressed (many times over) that they were very, very grateful for the geek and geekette support that you have all given them so far.
So many posts to catch up on now... but I think I must go and catch up on some of the sleep that was missed last night ;)

Good night all :fro:

hi suey
I have never had sore feet like that b4 :shock:
Soo much dancing :fire: !!
Luckily funky girl & i were staying next door so i walked there in bare feet :rolleyes: (luckily we were amongst the last few 2 b thrown out so i dont think many people saw :oops:
I have talked ruth into competeing at excell, so come & see us in the comp. area
lol liza xx

It was a good do!! My ears are still ringing!! But then again, that's what you get when you sit just in front of the speakers!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: As you said Mr Geek, bad drive home tho... a silly b----r had decided to close the M25 for the weekend nights!! What an idea.... :evil:
So cool to be able to put names to faces.... or is it faces to names?? :shock: and to meet net people for "real".
The real must was to see how excited Alex was, and Scott and the whole Scratch team were so happy!
Well done guys and thanks again for letting us share all this with you.

I`ve just had an idea.....yes I do have some but not good ones!
next year I`m going to have a face transplant so everyone doesn`t have the advantage over me.......only joking, the whole evening was funny and at least people came and chatted to me because they recognised me from the board, I just wished I could do the same, so come on guys and girlies get your mug on here

At least you were recognised for yourself!! Hubby was recognised before I was!! :D :D Good job I brought him along!!! :rofl:

It was great to meet Deb, Nats, Mandi, Jess, Karen et al - sorry we didn't get to meet you Nicky and Sue!! We English girls have to learn to be more open and less shy :oops: I think a Geek :fro: party would be fun - we'll have to figure out how to do that - ExCeL would be impossible for us :( we have a 2 day show and the H&B Awards plus taking our Ambassadors (who'll be working the show) out BUT we will certainly be on the stand during the show!! I so wish we could have had more of a natter but there are so many people to see at these events it can be difficult! :rolleyes: We had a great night but a naff ride home :morn: :frust: :gun: - 8hrs to Leeds - :shock:

Anyway, Scott - Alex GREAT JOB and I am sure we will all look forward to May! Kisses to one and all xx ;)

I think that is wonderful of you both to travel so far to give your support, just shows what lovely people you both are salute (mind you, could be that you'd do anything for free bubbly! lol , just kidding guys!)

Liza, what day do the competitions take place? Are you being Ruths model? It'd be great to see you both! I think I might wonder round with flashing earrings or something, then again, maybe not oops

Sue x

hi suey :D
i am competeing as usual!
actually it would b cool 2 model 4 a change! 8) less stessfull :shock: !
nikki has my number & is going 2 ring me at excell, so hopefully we should all meet up :D
love liza xx

Oh you will never know :x !!

Damon (or is that DEMON :twisted: ), my little lovely husband (hmmm) was invited to the b*!^""dy Grand Prix on Sunday - okay, so that in itself was not so bad, but living in Suffolk, he needed to set off at about 3.00am Saturday morning!! Thus you guessed it, I had to stay at home with my wee darlings :(

Hey, but you'll be pleased to know I didn't give in without a fight (yeah Damon went to the GP with a massive black eye - ha, only joking!!) I thought about every possible way I could get the girls looked after and me there, but in the end the word 'impossible' won the day :?

Anyway, sooo pleased you all enjoyed it, and so glad it was obviously a success for Alex and Scott, and even more pleased that you're gonna do another in May - Next time guys give us a little more time to sort out our dates.

Adele

Hi everyone, love reading all your comments about the launch party, I am already thinking of ideas for May, please let me have any ideas you may have, what you would like, shall we theme it?, location etc, and I promise there will be loads of notice (like starting in January) and tons of bubbly.

Again thank you all so much you made Alex and I feel so special, August issue is being printed now, be with you soon. Pics will appear in the September issue as only got them back today....they are worth waiting for.

Scott

Wow the Party was great!

So nice to meet new people! thankfully I did not have many embarrassing moments...apart from when I blurted out that Mrs Geek has fab boobs!!!! :oops: but you are really stunning Samantha :)

The speeches were so heartfelt.....you could really tell that Scott and Alex had invested so much heart and sole into the mag. I loved your shoes Alex!

I don't know if it was me just being a bit of an old foggie, but I found the music a bit too loud...it would have been easier to chat if the music was turned down a bit...although not for the dancing, but before the speeches.

The freebies were a great bonus!! I loved them! I don't know how...but I ended up with 3 "cappuchino" polishes. I'm going to get a new brush to try the L&P that was on the tables. Looked like there were soo many bags left...I was tempted to grab another on the way out, but couldn't quite bring myself to do it ;)

The M25 closure sounded pants (a new english expression I have picked up!!! I like saying "quid" too!!!) Thankfully I got a room at the hotel, which was a bit ordinary...I think my fav UK hotel at the moment has to be the Lowry in Manchester...sooo hip :p it was the first night I have been away from my daughter (who is 32 month old) and I found it very difficult to get to sleep and woke up at my usual 6.30am!!! I felt a bit gypped that I did not sleep in!!!

Just an idea for the next party...perhaps you could have big posters of the front covers....particularly the raunchy ones!!! :fire: :shock: ;)
Thanks again Alex and Scott!

Mandi said:
you could really tell that Scott and Alex had invested so much heart and sole into the mag. I loved your shoes Alex!

Sorry Mandi, had to point that one out as I am still :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.... And with all the dancing that went on, their shoes must have been soleless by the end of the night anyway!!!... ;) ;)

Anyway Scott, how about Ascot Race course??? :D Great venue, loads of space, various rooms to choose from, good food and if the Queen goes there, why couldn't we??? ;) And no, the fact that I live 3 minutes from there doesn't have anything to do with it!!!! :rofl: and a theme sounds good, love dressing up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back