Scratch/Gloss magazine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourGirl

Reaction score
I am studying Nail technician with Essential Nails at the moment and have heard about these magazines (scratch and gloss) I understand you have to subscribe to Scratch to receive it, can't buy in the shops, and its quite a bit of money at once to pay when you don't know what its like.. But just looking on their website you can buy Gloss on its own for £5, I wondered whether its worth a try?

Can anyone tell me what these magazines are like? Are they fairly thick with lots to read? What does Gloss normally have in it?

I get Scratch sent to me but have never subscribed to it. It just started turning up at my salon after we opened. It's always got lots of lovely photos but I pass it to my nail tech so never read them.

Ok, can anyone tell me more about it? is it a thick magazine and much writing?

Just picked up my last edition. 120 pages of yummyness! You'll love it :D x

Scratch last time i looked was £35 for a year which is good price wise. Youll be counting the days until it turns up. I love scratch and i even have a scrapbook of all the stories, pics and tips in there so i dont have to store loads of mags hehe

120 pages of ads (useful), articles, loads of info and best of all great pictures including inspirational nail art. I bet you'll want to keep them too - I wouldn't think many end up in the recycling bin!!! HTH's x

Subscribe my darling you will not regret it. I have all of mine going back to January 2009! I never throw a copy away, they are fabulous and as someone else has already said, you will count the days to receiving your next one! :wink2:

If you get insurance with abta you get free subscription of scratch

The people at scratch are so nice. I've only just subscribed and miss out on the 100th issue but I called and they are going to backdate my subscription. Happy days :)
Vicki xx

Latest posts

Back