Scratch Magazine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissNailPro

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

I've heard mention of this new(?) nail magazine called "Scratch". I went to the website, to see the subscription rate, and it says that the subscription fee for Scratch magazine is £30.00. I am unsure of how much that translates into USD, so I emailed them, and their email stated £70.00 and $125.00 USD.

It may be just me, but it seems that $125.00 a year is a bit much for a magazine subscription :confused: .. however maybe some of you that subscribe will testify that it's worth it? :D

TIA for all your help! ;)

Heck i think thats quite a lot! It is ok but i wouldnt pay that NO WAY!!!

Thats odd. The only thing I can think of is that the shipping per mag may be a couple of quid, making it a cost just about £5.50 per issue. Multiply that by 12 months and you have £70 which is currently about $125 us dollars.
Its a great mag... but I can see how the shipping and exchange rate may make it slightly cost prohibitive to you.

If you can though... I would get it ;)

HI Geeks and Geekettes!

I have just come across this query regarding Scratch subs rates for overseas readers.

The magazine is £30 to everyone - however the postage on Scratch to Europe and the World is what bumps up the cost.

Scratch is the largest, therefore the heaviest, nail magazine published in the UK and this is what makes it costly to send abroad.

It is not for any other reason than shipping that a US reader pays £70 for Scratch.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

best wishes

Alex Fox
editor

:biggrin:

Little Angel said:
Heck i think thats quite a lot! It is ok but i wouldnt pay that NO WAY!!!

Hiya

I thought I should just reply to your post on the Geek site.

The cost of £70 for international readers is simply the £30 + shipping to the USA, which is costly because Scratch is a large and therefore heavy publication.

It is not that we have made it more expensive in any other way.

To ship to Europe is one price and further afield is another, and it is only based on shipping costs

best wishes
Alex Fox
editor :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back