Scratch sponsors Olympia Exhibition 2005

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Fox

Reaction score
The heart of Scratch magazine belongs at Olympia, this is where its life in the industry began. As the No.1 magazine for the Nail Industry, the team is therefore thrilled to announce that it will be sponsoring Nails & Beauty Olympia 2005. The force behind this truly, prestigious trade event, will make you feel proud to be a part of this fantastic industry. Look out for information in Scratch.
Scratch

Best wishes
Alex Fox
editor :green: :cool: :lol: :biggrin:

Nice one Alex, I am sure this will raise your profile no end.

...Ps got my June copy, I have now subscribed..

Great Alex - you go from strength to strength!

Cathy

Nice one Alex..................Go girl go and yea go scratch team go !!!!!!

Great news Alex!!!

Well I have to say that I think this is a great idea.

I have always been of the opinion that many technicians attend the Beauty Show at Olympia as part of a whole 'weekend' experience for them.

The show at docklands Excell makes it VERY difficult for most people get to and there is nowhere to stay (apart from the yacht) and nothing to do unless they go back into central London, which is very expensive taxiwise etc.

The worst thing about Olympia is the parking, which is better at Excell.

However, the worry is that this move may double the costs for exhibitors (having to do 2 shows) yet halve the number of people attending each show??

geeg said:
Well I have to say that I think this is a great idea.

I have always been of the opinion that many technicians attend the Beauty Show at Olympia as part of a whole 'weekend' experience for them.

The show at docklands Excell makes it VERY difficult for most people get to and there is nowhere to stay (apart from the yacht) and nothing to do unless they go back into central London, which is very expensive taxiwise etc.

The worst thing about Olympia is the parking, which is better at Excell.

However, the worry is that this move may double the costs for exhibitors (having to do 2 shows) yet halve the number of people attending each show??
Oh flip I'm a bit confused!...........I thought the Olympia show was being moved to Excel......er, what's going on, please explain.

Adele

Peppercorn Nails said:
Oh flip I'm a bit confused!...........I thought the Olympia show was being moved to Excel......er, what's going on, please explain.

Adele

Before the show at Olympia sponsored by Professional Beauty was always held at Olympia. Now PB have decided to hold the show at Excel in the docklands.

I don't know if the exhibitors (who pay for the shows) were ever consulted about this!!! I feel if they had been, that they would have preferred to stay at the Olympia venue. Obviously Olympia is up for grabs and Scratch have decided to grab it. This poses no problems for all you geeks who go to the shows to have fun, but it does pose mega problems for the supliers who you go to see!

1. Do suppliers want to do 2 shows in lOndon at different venues?
2. Can your suppliers afford to do 2 shows in London? The costs are horrendous!!
3. Will the costs double for your suppliers and only half the amount of people come through the doors???
4. Will everyone go to 2 shows even if the dates are close together?
5. If you have to choose just one which one would it be?

hiya

hmm lots of valid points there gigi and ob the costs have to be absorbed by the company and ultimatley be passed to the consumer so if it was my descision as a company i would have to go for the most popular show. After all we are all in business to make a profit , the love of it is an added bonus.
IMO so please dont all shout me out at the end of the day you have to show a profit.

Peppercorn Nails said:

Adele
I was just as confused about this............ Excel is also soooooooo much easier for us to get to and the parking soooooooo much easier.

Little Angel said:
hiya

hmm lots of valid points there gigi and ob the costs have to be absorbed by the company and ultimatley be passed to the consumer so if it was my descision as a company i would have to go for the most popular show. After all we are all in business to make a profit , the love of it is an added bonus.
IMO so please dont all shout me out at the end of the day you have to show a profit.
Indeed you are correct, Professional Beauty is moving to Excel in February. However after listening to both visitors and exhibitors, it became apparent that the whole industry did not think this was a popular choice. The Olympia venue has always been a massive success and will always be the preference for the first London show of the year.

With this in mind the Uk's leading associations and publications (ITEC, BABTAC, FHT, Vitality, International Therapist, Todays Therapist, Health & Beauty Salon Magazine and Scratch) have got together to officially sponsor: NAILS..BEAUTY..TANNING - OLYMPIA, providing you with a truly unique and interactive show experience, offering new launches, brands, and the latest innovations from the UK's leading suppliers."

Over the next 9 months we will be listening to your suggestions and working with the venue very closely to ensure all visitors and exhibitors have the opportunity to contribute to the ultimate industry event. For example, we understand that parking has posed a problem in previous years, with the measures that we have in place already, we are confident that this has now been resolved.

Scott D said:
Indeed you are correct, Professional Beauty is moving to Excel in February. However after listening to both visitors and exhibitors, it became apparent that the whole industry did not think this was a popular choice. The Olympia venue has always been a massive success and will always be the preference for the first London show of the year.

With this in mind the Uk's leading associations and publications (ITEC, BABTAC, FHT, Vitality, International Therapist, Todays Therapist, Health & Beauty Salon Magazine and Scratch) have got together to officially sponsor: NAILS..BEAUTY..TANNING - OLYMPIA, providing you with a truly unique and interactive show experience, offering new launches, brands, and the latest innovations from the UK's leading suppliers."

Over the next 9 months we will be listening to your suggestions and working with the venue very closely to ensure all visitors and exhibitors have the opportunity to contribute to the ultimate industry event. For example, we understand that parking has posed a problem in previous years, with the measures that we have in place already, we are confident that this has now been resolved.
Why does it have to be on the same day?......I know for me Excel is definitely the best, however I would be mightily disappointed if my main supplier (Creative) decided not to attend.

Adele

Peppercorn Nails said:
Why does it have to be on the same day?......I know for me Excel is definitely the best, however I would be mightily disappointed if my main supplier (Creative) decided not to attend.

Adele

Dear Adele

They are not on the same day

Excel is in Feb 2005 and Olympia is 20-21 March 2005

best wishes

Alex Fox

:green:

Just to confuse things even further LOL - what about the Beauty Midland Show which has been in Donnington, Stoneleigh and last year at NEC.

I always liked this show as it is good from the visitors point of view as it is quiet and you could see lots of the demos and actually stand a chance of getting near the stands without the usual scrum. However it was disappointing last year that the major nail players were not there.

Of the other shows - for me Olympia is the easiest to get to - train virtually door to door.

Latest posts

Back