Scrub Fresh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparklybits

Reaction score
Hi All

Firstly I hope I find you all well and a little less stressed.

Just a little something to lighten you day if you are out of scrub fresh.

Young Nails dose and equivelent called SWIPE. I am sure that in these times of trouble it will help to know this dose the same job and may help you out in the mean time.

Regards
Tracey:hug:

Hmmm we have some of this. 'tis good but does not remove polish but yes a good alternative!

you wouldn't use scrubfresh to remove polish anyway...you would use remover or acetone. Scrubfresh is too expensive to be used as polish remover.

Hi,

I use swipe, I actually used it for the first time the other day. I was having trouble with lifting but since using this swipe and Youngs primer I haven't had any trouble with lifting at all.. Wohoo!!!! All I can say is Young Nail products rock..

Pibs:green:

Scrub Fresh

I use scrubfresh and MUNDO's own equiv, they are both good products

jenx

Check the back of your products for their ingredient break down and you will find a lot of them are identical bar the coloured dyes that are used in them.. I have 2 other products in my kit, all identical to S/Fresh.. bar one has purple dye number XX and another has no dies in it so is clear. same thing.. different colour different label.. different price.

Check the back of your products for their ingredient break down and you will find a lot of them are identical bar the coloured dyes that are used in them.. I have 2 other products in my kit, all identical to S/Fresh.. bar one has purple dye number XX and another has no dies in it so is clear. same thing.. different colour different label.. different price.

A word of caution:
They may have the same ingredients - but different amounts and different qualities. A box of corn flakes has the same ingredients, but Kellogg's tastes different to a supermarket own brand.

JMO but if you're looking for a nail wipe/nail dehydrator, straight forward ethyl alcohol which can be bought in any sally's does the job just fine........and at a massive saving too. :)

The last time I ordered, I decided to try the Designer Nails Nail Plate Cleanser - my Scrubfresh dispenser is about 1/4 full - can I top it up with the DN one or should I empty it and refill with new.

Hope that doesnt sound a stupid question LOL.

The last time I ordered, I decided to try the Designer Nails Nail Plate Cleanser - my Scrubfresh dispenser is about 1/4 full - can I top it up with the DN one or should I empty it and refill with new.

Hope that doesnt sound a stupid question LOL.

i did....didnt appear to cause any problems....:)

The edge do one called nail fresh which I have found to be a good alternative just in case x x

JMO but if you're looking for a nail wipe/nail dehydrator, straight forward ethyl alcohol which can be bought in any sally's does the job just fine........and at a massive saving too. :)

Yep, i have this too :)

Hmmm we have some of this. 'tis good but does not remove polish but yes a good alternative!

Its purpose is to dehydrate the nail plate before application no remove polish:hug:

Hi,

I use swipe, I actually used it for the first time the other day. I was having trouble with lifting but since using this swipe and Youngs primer I haven't had any trouble with lifting at all.. Wohoo!!!! All I can say is Young Nail products rock..

Pibs:green:

I dont know which primer it is you are using in the young nails products but the protine bond is the best it is not acid based therefore much kinder to the nails and very few reaction by clients.:hug:

Straight forward ethyl alcohol doesn't contain pathogen fighters like Scrubfresh does so it's bound to be cheaper... just a FYI :wink2:

seeing as though some peeps are having trouble getting stock .... as a substitute I use
i use 450mls acetone +450mls alcohol + 10 mls listerine (that has the pathogen fighters in it) works like a dream .....

seeing as though some peeps are having trouble getting stock .... as a substitute I use
i use 450mls acetone +450mls alcohol + 10 mls listerine (that has the pathogen fighters in it) works like a dream .....

is the listerine to freshen your breath so no-one knows you've had a swig ?- lol

Straight forward ethyl alcohol doesn't contain pathogen fighters like Scrubfresh does so it's bound to be cheaper... just a FYI :wink2:

Actually alcohol itself is a great pathogen fighter, hence the reason that before you get an injection you get a swipe of alcohol before hand, and most anti-bac hand sanitizers are alcohol based. It has always intrigued me about Scrubfresh as to what the 'pathogen fighter' which is apparantly left behind is?
My understanding was that alcohol evaporates just about ANY substance as it dries - this includes oils, bacteria and water etc so I am wondering how ANYTHING is left behind after the alcohol super evaporates everything..................??

Maybe one for me to annoy everyone with at the next science weekend LOL:eek::eek::)

Actually alcohol itself is a great pathogen fighter, hence the reason that before you get an injection you get a swipe of alcohol before hand, and most anti-bac hand sanitizers are alcohol based. It has always intrigued me about Scrubfresh as to what the 'pathogen fighter' which is apparantly left behind is?
My understanding was that alcohol evaporates just about ANY substance as it dries - this includes oils, bacteria and water etc so I am wondering how ANYTHING is left behind after the alcohol super evaporates everything..................??

Maybe one for me to annoy everyone with at the next science weekend LOL:eek::eek::)

the "pathogen fighters" in Scrubfresh are quite common additives (cum preservatives) used in MANY cosmetics, but are in quite high levels in "Listerine"

the "pathogen fighters" in Scrubfresh are quite common additives (cum preservatives) used in MANY cosmetics, but are in quite high levels in "Listerine"

very useful information, thankyou.

Latest posts

Back