Scrub Fresh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A word of caution:
They may have the same ingredients - but different amounts and different qualities. A box of corn flakes has the same ingredients, but Kellogg's tastes different to a supermarket own brand.

Which is why MSDS are so important... I guess I should have said check the MSDS for the product rather than the back of the lable... but maybe I am one of the very few who collects and reads all the MSDS on the products I use or will potentially use. There are so many things I am allergic to that I am quite OC about checking and thoroughly reading MSDS.

I am currently using Nailzoos recipe and finding it brill :lol:

. It has always intrigued me about Scrubfresh as to what the 'pathogen fighter' which is apparantly left behind is?

the "pathogen fighters" in Scrubfresh are quite common additives (cum preservatives) used in MANY cosmetics, but are in quite high levels in "Listerine"

I would say that the pathogen fighters are referred to, one of the things they are talking about is the Triclosan.

I don't know if that's commonly used, but I would be interested in knowing the amount used , & the comparison to other products using it.

Scrub Fresh Break Down:

ISOPROPANOL <50.0%
ACETONE <50.0%
BUTYL ACETATE <1.0%
PROPYLPARABEN < 1.0%
METHYLPAPABEN < 1.0%
BUTYLPARABEN < 1.0%
ISOPROPYLPARABEN < 1.0%
ISOBUTYLPARABEN <1.0%

The last time I ordered, I decided to try the Designer Nails Nail Plate Cleanser - my Scrubfresh dispenser is about 1/4 full - can I top it up with the DN one or should I empty it and refill with new.

Hope that doesnt sound a stupid question LOL.

I wouldnt mix any products ever again as.....

I tried to use my creative exfoliators up to change brands one was raw earth the other was the spa. They had a chemical reaction ! went red hot in the container, heat lasted 1 hour then set like rock !!!
My son laughed and said maybe it had bomb making stuff in it :eek:!!!
Message 2 self don't do that again!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

lol peeps jo x

I wouldnt mix any products ever again as.....

I tried to use my creative exfoliators up to change brands one was raw earth the other was the spa. They had a chemical reaction ! went red hot in the container, heat lasted 1 hour then set like rock !!!
My son laughed and said maybe it had bomb making stuff in it :eek:!!!
Message 2 self don't do that again!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

lol peeps jo x
Trust you!!! Glad that wasnt the day you were doing my feet *lol* :)

you wouldn't use scrubfresh to remove polish anyway...you would use remover or acetone. Scrubfresh is too expensive to be used as polish remover.

We use scrubfresh to remove everything, its just personal choice and does not cost much more than a decent remover and less clutter on the desk :)

My understanding was that alcohol evaporates just about ANY substance as it dries - this includes oils, bacteria and water etc so I am wondering how ANYTHING is left behind after the alcohol super evaporates everything..................??

:eek::eek::)

that'll explain the state of my brain after I've had a few too many drinks then :lol:

I would say that the pathogen fighters are referred to, one of the things they are talking about is the Triclosan.

I don't know if that's commonly used, but I would be interested in knowing the amount used , & the comparison to other products using it.

Or the Thymol (google it and what it does) OPI equivelent of scrubfresh uses Thymol
or Benzoic acid (google it and what it does) also check out Paraben - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia derivatives and such
Listerine is also good for those fungals on toes etc

i've heard that vicks vaporub is also good for fungal infection, maybe they have similar ingredients.

an interesting article on Parabens

Parabens and Breast Cancer

Way ahead of u there zoo!... and yes its nasty stuff.. I have done the best to eliminate Parabens from my life, none of my cosmetics (as in face body gunk) contain it - i use as natural products as I can.. and have been looking for an alternative to S/fresh for this reason... and now I am thinking I might just give your mix a go :)

Latest posts

Back