scrub fresh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkirocco

Reaction score
I have just read a thread which says after using scrub fresh the nails look chalky hit. Just wondered if i am not scrubbing well enough because ithey don't look chalky to me. Is it just me?

Which thread were you reading hun?

Whe using Scrubfresh some nails will end up looking chalky white due to the fact that the oils have been temporarily removed from the nail plate. Some nails need the added dehydrating properties of Nail fresh to acheive the chalky white look.

Are you removing shine first? Most nails will dehydrate with scrubfresh to chalky white once shine has been removed.....in fact I don't think I've ever seen a nail that didn't!

I am removing the shine with a white block then brushing off dust then using scrubfresh.

Do they just look shiney again then after the scrubfresh?

they don't look shiny but they don't look chalky either

they don't look shiny but they don't look chalky either
I did a double check for you tonight, you know what it's like when you think, yeah they do and then...hmm do they....

They look dehydrated....white but not like they have chalk on them, that sounds mad but maybe that is what you are imagining! And you can also see areas where you have missed when removing shine.

Chalky white is a term often used to describe the look of a nail once acid primer has been applied and dried....it is more 'chalky white' than a scrubfreshed nail....HTH

Thanks. I know what you mean. I think i have not been scrubbing but wiping over i tried today and when i spent longer on each nail it looked more dehydrated than usual so i think i wasn't being thorough enough.

Scrubfresh is called scrubfresh for a reason......not wipefresh or dabfresh. It must be used as if you are removing dark red polish. Basic PREP...perform manicure...(cuticle remover then rinse with water)...Remove Shine ....with Koala....Eliminate and Purify.....dust and scrubfresh. You wont get a chalky look, but a really dry look. Even drier if you use nailfresh...which comes BEFORE scrubfresh. Hope this helps xxxx CND Education Ambassador

Scrubfresh is called scrubfresh for a reason......not wipefresh or dabfresh. It must be used as if you are removing dark red polish. Basic PREP...perform manicure...(cuticle remover then rinse with water)...Remove Shine ....with Koala....Eliminate and Purify.....dust and scrubfresh. You wont get a chalky look, but a really dry look. Even drier if you use nailfresh...which comes BEFORE scrubfresh. Hope this helps xxxx CND Education Ambassador
Well you've really helped me thanks. I have nailfresh but ive never used it. Im going to use it all the time now and maybe it will help with my lifting problems. Thanks:hug:

Latest posts

Back