sculpt bitten nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andrea

Reaction score
I've just looked at a tuturial on another site, which shows a gel sculpt on bitten nails, now I was taught not to get product onto the skin, but this clearly states that after 1 thin coat, apply a second coat allowing a small amount to overlap onto the skin [which comes away after curing].Then to place the form & sculpt as normal. Is this correct?

hi

hmm, now i was taught in all the different companys that i have trained with NEVER to get uncured product on the skin, never to get any product on the skin in effect!!!
which site was this on??
IF you like gel check out anna from torontos site its very good with step by steps..

HTH

andrea said:
I've just looked at a tuturial on another site, which shows a gel sculpt on bitten nails, now I was taught not to get product onto the skin, but this clearly states that after 1 thin coat, apply a second coat allowing a small amount to overlap onto the skin [which comes away after curing].Then to place the form & sculpt as normal. Is this correct?

Hiya,
Look on Annas site, Its got brill tutorials for gel.
http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/shoebox.msnw

Little Angel said:
hi

hmm, now i was taught in all the different companys that i have trained with NEVER to get uncured product on the skin, never to get any product on the skin in effect!!!
which site was this on??
IF you like gel check out anna from torontos site its very good with step by steps..

HTH
hi Tracy
the web site is www.polished.ca
Thanks for the tip on Anna's site I'm just about to have a look.

Andrea

andrea said:
hi Tracy
the web site is www.polished.ca
Thanks for the tip on Anna's site I'm just about to have a look.

Andrea
Hiya Andrea,
It seems that this is Annas website :rolleyes:
Not sure why it states putting gel onto skin as well ?

hmmm

well maybe she will come on soon and explain. i will pm her and ask her.

Hello all,

Here is my theory.....
I have been doing gels for about 8 years and never had any allergy problems.
I agree not to leave uncured gel on the skin.

Bitten nails are difficult to do. Often tips don't fit propely. Even when you glue the tips on you will get some adhesive on the skin.

I apply pretty thin layer of coverage pink gel on the skin (1/8- 1/16 wide) and CURE it. So there is uncured gel on the skin for a minute or 2. Then it cures well because the layer is not too thick and it cures all the way through.
When you look at biters nails (the skin around it) you'll see that it is very calloused, so you are not suppose to smear the gel all over the peoples fingers (good skin), just to apply a tiny line to fit the form under.

I really have much more luck in a long run with this methos then with tips.
No cracking of the tips, no pressure on the nailbed from poorly fitted tips.

Only UNCURED gel on the skin will/can create problems..so I always remove the dispersion very well ( i wipe the nails twice).

I really haven't had any problems with allergy so far.....

hi anna

thank you

Remember that clients do not beome allergic to a chemical overnight!

It can take many months or even years of bad practices ie repeated exposure to the skin before the trouble starts.

Certain chemicals in products (not the product itself) are known allergens and repeated exposure may lead to allergic reaction eventually.

Be cautious in the use of this technique and you will hopefully be OK. I presume one is not applying uncured product to the skin each and every visit to the salon. ?¿?¿?¿

Well, exactly! They have it done once and then they can maintain the nails.
So the product is applied on the skin once and for 2 minutes and then cured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back