Sculpt or extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaysmith92

Reaction score
I'm new to nails and I'm struggling with my tip extensions. I'm blending as much as I think I can and really taking my time but when the gel is on you can still see where the tip and nail joins. Especially with the lighter colours.

How am I meant to do do tips and French if you can still see the well. I check my work so much I feel it without looking like I've been taught. I don't know what to do!

So I thought about going onto sculpts and see if I get on better with them. How long does it ruffly take to do a set of sculpts? Do you charge the same amount? Do they last longer than tips?

Example

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    766.1 KB · Views: 101
I'm new to nails and I'm struggling with my tip extensions. I'm blending as much as I think I can and really taking my time but when the gel is on you can still see where the tip and nail joins. Especially with the lighter colours.

How am I meant to do do tips and French if you can still see the well. I check my work so much I feel it without looking like I've been taught. I don't know what to do!

So I thought about going onto sculpts and see if I get on better with them. How long does it ruffly take to do a set of sculpts? Do you charge the same amount? Do they last longer than tips?

I can answer to this question.
How am I meant to do do tips and French if you can still see the well,

you can get well-less tips, I've got them in natural, and clear, i wasn't looking for French, but I guess you can find something on-line

You can shorten the tips before application, use your file in a 45° angle so the tips have a smaller area to apply the glue on.
This will make your blending faster en smoother. Here in the netherlands we also have products called tip blenders, they soften the plastic but that's more a trick for people who just start out, by shortening the tips( or buy ready to go tips with a shorter application edge) you should be fine:)

Ive actually stopped using glued on tips, however I don't have any french clients, mine all wear colour and nail art so I sculpt them using Young Nails cover pink. It did take me longer at first but now find it so much quicker not having to glue on a tip and take the time to shape them etc. plus I always get a more natural looking now when I sculpt them instead of glueing on a tip. They're also much easier to wear and less likely to break off as there is no glued tip to give way which is what normally happens during trauma taking the acrylic from over the nail with it as well, VERY PAINFUL. Doesn't happen so readily and easily with sculptured nails.

Latest posts

Back