Sculpt rebalance...am I being blonde??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurenSparkles

Reaction score
Hi!

I attended the NSI L&P course in march and am finding with the few people whos nails I have done that some are now due for a rebalance.

However...we were only told how to do this and not shown.

Iv looked on nail angel and viewed the rebalnce video, however...it appears that the rebalance has been done on a nail where a tip has ben applied.

Now if im meant to remove the white/glitter/natural (whatever is used at the free edge) how am I meant to do this with a sculpted nail???

Am I to remove the product in zone one and create a new free edge using the chosen prodct or just file it really thin the re-apply the product??

Please help geekies xxx

Now if im meant to remove the white/glitter/natural (whatever is used at the free edge) how am I meant to do this with a sculpted nail???

Am I to remove the product in zone one and create a new free edge using the chosen prodct or just file it really thin the re-apply the product??
Hi LaurenSparkles

obviously if you file off all the tip colour you will have broken through the sculpt and will have no extension...

rather than having to resculpt the end, thin it down, but be very careful not to go too thin or you will snap off the extension then reapply the over this thinned nail.. (as you have answered yourself at the end of your original question...)

good luck, it does take time to get used to doing it, and you will find sometimes you go too far and take the sculpt off while filing (if this happens then you will need to re-sculpt)

follow the link below for the best rebalance tutorial you'll find (written by our very own geeg)
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finishing-maintenance/14905-forever-french-rebalance.html

hths

Latest posts

Back