Sculpting acrylic nail using a magnifying LED lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDaddy

Reaction score
Hi, is there anyone here who has tried doing nail extensions using a led lamp with magnifying glass?

I don't understand the question. Are you trying to cure product with one of those desk lamps with a built in magnifying glass? If yes, then the answer is no. To cure a professional product you need the correct lamp as recommended by the manufacturer of the product.

I don't understand the question. Are you trying to cure product with one of those desk lamps with a built in magnifying glass? If yes, then the answer is no. To cure a professional product you need the correct lamp as recommended by the manufacturer of the product.
Sorry should of worded the question better.
The thing is I’m short sighted I have 1 pair of specs for everyday use such as driving etc and I have an other pair of specs for looking at things up close such as reading and working with nails, but I still feel that I can’t see properly when I need to detail work on nails. So I was wondering if the Led lamps with magnifying glasses would help and is it possible to work with nails using them and is it difficult do work on nails when magnified? Thanks

So I was wondering if the Led lamps with magnifying glasses

I'm still a bit confused but I'll try to answer...if you need a magnifying glass to see clearly then use one, plenty of beauticians use them for eyebrows/eyelashes/etc. Clients don't care what you use as long as you turn out decent, well structured, pretty nails. It's much easier to work on nails magnified but also soul destroying because you can see every TINY imperfection that the normal eye doesn't see so be prepared to become super critical of your work.

In a training course many years ago the trainer would take macro (magnified) photos of the students work and have a closer look at them, most were horrified at how badly they had prepped the nail, or how badly they had actually applied the products, etc. so a closer look is never a problem.

If you are asking if the LED lamp would cure your products, you would need to check the output against your brand - most desk lamps won't cure products but I have had ceiling spot lights cure my CND Brisa Gel in the pot when I was mobile many years ago

I'm still a bit confused but I'll try to answer...if you need a magnifying glass to see clearly then use one, plenty of beauticians use them for eyebrows/eyelashes/etc. Clients don't care what you use as long as you turn out decent, well structured, pretty nails. It's much easier to work on nails magnified but also soul destroying because you can see every TINY imperfection that the normal eye doesn't see so be prepared to become super critical of your work.

In a training course many years ago the trainer would take macro (magnified) photos of the students work and have a closer look at them, most were horrified at how badly they had prepped the nail, or how badly they had actually applied the products, etc. so a closer look is never a problem.

If you are asking if the LED lamp would cure your products, you would need to check the output against your brand - most desk lamps won't cure products but I have had ceiling spot lights cure my CND Brisa Gel in the pot when I was mobile many years ago
Thanks, I will try and order one of those led/daylight desk lamps with a magnifying glass mounted in the middle of the lamp and see if it helps me in my work. I wasn’t thinking of using it to cure the gels as I already use a proper led/uv 36w for that. The only thing I had in mind was improving my vision when working with nails and I will keep in mind the negatives of using a magnifying glass that you mentioned above, thank you

Thanks, I will try and order one of those led/daylight desk lamps with a magnifying glass mounted in the middle of the lamp and see if it helps me in my work. I wasn’t thinking of using it to cure the gels as I already use a proper led/uv 36w for that. The only thing I had in mind was improving my vision when working with nails and I will keep in mind the negatives of using a magnifying glass that you mentioned above, thank you

Ah! that makes sense, I was worried you were hoping to use it to cure the gel polish. You'd be surprised what DIY home users try to do

If you’re still struggling to see close up go back to your opticians. I have a pair of specs prescribed solely for doing nails, they’re perfect but so strong I can’t even walk with them on without feeling giddy lol They stay on my nail desk and are never moved.

If you’re still struggling to see close up go back to your opticians. I have a pair of specs prescribed solely for doing nails, they’re perfect but so strong I can’t even walk with them on without feeling giddy lol They stay on my nail desk and are never moved.
Oh that's a good idea! I wear glasses but had never thought of the idea of getting a special pair of glasses solely for precision work like that. I must look into getting a pair myself for doing nail art, would be very handy

I have an led lamp like this but the glass is too small to see all of the area so I just reverted to wearing 3.00 reading glasses.

I second Pure and Melissa82, I do the same as it's much easier to wear something that's magnified than to have to peer through a fixed glass. But Trinity is right, you will be haunted by the slightest imperfection that nobody else can see! [emoji1]

Latest posts

Back