Sculpting Bitten Nails with Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna from Toronto

Reaction score
I took pictures of the client I had today...she is very bad (LOL), she gets her nails done chews them off and comes back for new sets every couple of months (so you can see the reminding pieces of gel on her nails there!)
I have told her how bad it is for her nails but...oh well, she keeps doing it!

I sculpted those nails with French White gel from Akzentz and Natural Pink Coverage (on some) and then Natural Clear.
She liked them oval and I think they turned out pretty good!

Take a look!

http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/sculptingbittennailswithgel.msnw?albumlist=2

A job well done Anna!
They look so natural too :salute:

They look lovely, it makes me want to do a gel course!!

Anna, I was just wondering...............by applying gel onto client's skin, do you not run the risk of over-exposure? As this is something we are taught not to do with L&P.

On the other hand........the nails look super...............how long do you think before she bites them off again!!

Adele

They sure look much prettier than they did previously Anna :!: :rolleyes: She must be very happy - I can't understand why she would want to ruin that lovely look, be picking!!! :shock:

They look very good, what a difference. WELL DONE!!! :D

Beautifull as always.

Anna l was wondering how you applied the forms on with no free edge, and while reading and looking at the photo's the answer is applying some gel onto the skin - yes? does this not cause a heat sensation for the client when they are cured?
Brilliant work
;)

Theresa

Great improvement on those nubbs Anna :D

It doesnt look to me like she applied any product to the skin

smiler13334 said:
Beautifull as always.

Anna l was wondering how you applied the forms on with no free edge, and while reading and looking at the photo's the answer is applying some gel onto the skin - yes? does this not cause a heat sensation for the client when they are cured?
Brilliant work
;)

Theresa

I did extend the nail just a little bit first (before fitting the form) by putting a small amount of gel onto the skin...but that was just a 1/16 ich of gel. With biters this area is very calloused anyway and if I went to apply a tip, I would get some adhesive on that area as well.
Some of her nails were very wide (thumb) and flat, so it would be very difficult to fit a tip.
Also this layer of gel was very thin, so no heat.
Some of the nails were very short, so the tip would be a pain to fit.
Look at the pinky here:
http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/sculptingbittennailswithgel.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=401
and now after:
http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/sculptingbittennailswithgel.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=412

Also with sculpting there is no pressure on the nail (tip that doesn't fit properly feels tight, more risk of picking)

Allergy is caused by uncured gel beeing left on the skin. The layer that I put on the skin cured very well in couple of minutes and I'm really careful to wipe off any dispersion layer from the top of the nails.
So I"ve never had a problem with allergy/reaction to the gel.

Hi Anna,

Just taken a look at the pikkies and they look great! Not too long either, just a nice manageable length, especially for a nail biter! They look lovely. :)

xx Tamm

Thank you for the answer to my question, very informative and understood. l see what you mean as far as the pinkie. do you know if acrylic can be used in the same way for a nail biter as the end of the fingers are as you say slightly calloused? Take care. Theresa

Anna....just wanted to add to the already long list of comments......what a fabulous transformation.!!!! :)
Also your step by step presentation on the whole procedure was really interesting research!
The finished look was great too.....what a perfect length for a biter!!!......you now have to convince her to break that awful habit of pickin em off!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back