Sculpting charges

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Garfield*

Reaction score
Following on from Ambers thread,:hug: for those that offer tipping and sculpting, do you charge more for sculpts, or less (or the same)...and why?

If you charge more, how do you 'sell' it to your clients?? Ive just started sculpting, and not sure how much I should be charging, and how to justify charging clients more ££ for it!!!:confused:

Great thread, although I posted a similar one recently.

At the moment, I charge the same purely because new clients are not educated enough to know about sculpts, therefore few of them would opt for sculpts if they were dearer.

Also, the overhead for sculpting forms is cheaper, sculpts are quicker to do so I am still benefitting financially.

An educator with her own salon near to me doesn;t do much sculpting at all purely because she charges more for the service.

Although it is a more advanced skill to have and there are a lot of benefits to having enhancements as opposed to tips, there is no point in charging more if it means you will do the service less, resulting in higher overheads, slower client turnover, etc, etc, etc.

I charge the same - purely because as I said in another thread earlier about sculpting its me that decides whether to tip or sculpt not the client depending on their natural nails and what would be best for them. xx

I charge the same, you don't know what the client will need until thay are sat in front of you. I'd confuse myself if I started charging different prices tbh.

Great advice, thanks girls....think i will continue to charge the same for the time being, as not many places here offer sculpting, and so i will have to educate them to the benefits!!:)

I dont even display them as different on the price list, I wait for the consultation to see what is most suitable

I charge the same, you don't know what the client will need until thay are sat in front of you. I'd confuse myself if I started charging different prices tbh.

im the same too.... the client doesnt really know what they need.... iykwim

I just advertise them as a full set and decide once I see them but usually do all sculpts so they are the same price.

same price BUT i wish i could charge more for them !

I do think there is an 'art' to it i get much more satisfaction sculpting than tipping ! (yep i am weird)

i don't list the differences mine are listed as enhancements it is up to me how i feel that is best done for each individual client.

I charge the same but generally I only sculpt. I know if I charged more to sculpt I would hardly do any. When I switched to sculpting I put up my price anyway so I'm charging more than I used to when I just tipped. This means that for the odd client who has tips I still charge the higher price which works for me as tipping takes longer & costs more.

We charge the same at the salon, sculpting is so much cheaper for us but like a previous post said you dont know what your going to do untill your client is sat down in front of you.

Latest posts

Back