Sculpting Gel vs. Builder Gel: What's the Difference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollFacedDiva

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a Makeup Artist and not a Nail Professional, nor do I claim to be. But I have taken a new fascination to nail art and have become pretty much obsessed with researching nail techniques, especially on gel extensions. I love doing my own nails at home but I find that my extensions are not hard/strong enough. My natural nails are very weak and thin, and even with the gel I am using I can still actually bend my nails downwards! (Ew right?) I use a self-levelling gel at the moment and it pools into the side walls before I am able to build an apex and place my hand under the uv light. As I am not quick enough at working with the gel I think I would benefit from a NON self-levelling thicker consistency gel. But every brand has different products and I am getting so confused! I don't know whether a builder or a sculptor gel is what I am after? What's the difference and which one is NON self-levelling, thick, and ultra hard? Also, can anyone recommend any good brands/products?

Latest posts

Back