sculpting master class

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
hi guys

well ive just got back from my master class with Wendy Leigton. yet again i thoroughly enjoyed it. it was the first time ive used the disposable forms, but Wendy had the patience of a saint with me. (she must have been going nuts with me for having to repeat herself so many times - bless her) she showed me where i was going wrong and just like she had touched me with a magic wand - by the time i got to the 7th finger i managed to get it right - yippee. its amazing innit when you know how.
ive got my next 2 master classes in september and cant wait to see how i get on with those.

its certainly true that knowledge is so needed to get the best from a product. and wendy sure has the knowledge.

enough of me - just thought id share my day with you

It does sound great to be able to sculpt. I have only had a little go at doing this and will do a class when i cn raise the funds. I think it must be faster as no tip blending etc.

How long did it take for you to feel reasonably confident to do sculpting?

Sculpts are fab, they are stronger then a tip, if done correctly..i.e. the correct ratio aso...........
Pinch the sides and it makes the nail slim and sleek, a bit harder to do with a Tip......
There is no resin break down, so no curling from the free edge..........
If you can apply a tip you can do a sculpt.............. form placement is the trickiest, after that it does get easier lol................
Why not just practice, there is a brill tutorial on this site............super sonic sculpting in the geeks tutorial section.................
Give it a bash............. we are Technicians, we can do technicial thingy bobby's, forms are not scary, they are just little flappy things !!!!!!!!!

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Pinch the sides and it makes the nail slim and sleek, !!
hi ruth - i still have a prob with the pinching bit!!!!!!!!! the way wendy showed me.... well i just couldnt get the 2nd nail sculpted before pinching the first one in time so therefore the first one had set too much for me to be able to do the pinch thing, tho i think its fab (when watching wendy - she made it look so easy). whats the secret? i would really love to get to grips with it, but EVERY TIME i try to do it, it just too late, no matter how long i leave it. its either too sticky when i pinch it or too dry - i just cant find a happy medium.

HELP ME IM GOING ROUND THE BEND with it

Hi ya babe, well it is all down to timing.................
test the nail for pinching on and off, as in finish the nail, apply form to the next one and go back to the one to be pinched...........
It's all a matter of practicing babe xxxxx
You wil get there honest you will xxxxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Hi ya babe, well it is all down to timing.................
test the nail for pinching on and off, as in finish the nail, apply form to the next one and go back to the one to be pinched...........
It's all a matter of practicing babe xxxxx
You wil get there honest you will xxxxx
thanks chuck

ill keep at it..tho i dont hold out much hope................................yet

Latest posts

Back