Sculpting Nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kellie311970

Reaction score
Help Ruth/ Geeg anyone .......

Those P&W sculpts I did last Thursday are lifting around cuticles, sidewalls and one of the white tips cracked and came apart.

It was a very hot night and I found everything setting very quickly.

Could it be that my mix was too dry ? I followed all the prep.

This was my first set of Sculpts - ever. Though I wouldn't have thought I would have any more lift than if I'd applied over tips.

Any ideas ?

Much appreciated.
Kellie

Hi ya Kellie,
Well I am still a newbie to the Sculpting and Acrylic game, but here is some info..................

Well as the weather has been very hot,hotter then we usually have in this country lol...................... every thing comes to a stop, trains, planes and Acrylic .............
Well from what you have described the mix is to dry.........
Hence the cracking and lifting.............
If in doubt do a bead check........................

Does the bead behave like this ????? Melts out slowly...in about about 15 seconds............does it drop in height by about 1/4...................
Thats the bead you want, right ratio.................this is a medium wet ratio......

Any ratio above or under will give you problems later on........
To wetter ratio will lead to over exposure and weaker strength...cracking, lifting and peeling......
To dry and it will lead to breakage and lifting, less adhesion.....
So go for medium, the best of both worlds...............strong, flexible and good adhesion..........

And who told me that, you might ask, well Doug Schoon did.....it's all in his book.......Nail Structure and Product Chemistry.................
Thanks Doug................
Helps me to understand why products do what they do..........
hope this helped
Love Ruth xxxxxxxx

Good old Doug huh ruth :D
his book is winging its way to me as we speek 8)
cant wait for him to arrive :D
'oh doug if only you where here now' i would be reading and learing rather than prattling on :?
nickki jonesx :D

Oh and not eating too much haribo :D
nickki jonesx

Hi Ruth,
Thanks for your reply. That all makes good sense. Looking forward to when it cools down a bit. All this heat makes it even more difficult when you are learning.
Got my model (my sister) coming over tonight for an inspection and sort out. Can't wait to sort it out. Can't have her walking around looking like that :oops:

I must get a copy of that book, sounds like a bible!!

nailsbynicola
Oh and not eating too much haribo

Me too I'm addicted to Kiddimix. Will I ever grow up ??? Nah.

Thanks again.
here goes for another try.
Kellie

Hi, I come from Poland and here prices are determination lower. When I get a tip it's over 20% of sum. Sometime I get chocolate, polishes, somethnig to nailart and ... haribo, because I love it.

Mniami, Haribo it's my favourite food :)

Oh my God, this post should be in another subject, but it's not my fault. I was click on postreply (about tips) and I don't know how it's come here. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back