sculpting on tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj1973

Reaction score
hi,just wondered if you can sculpt over tips ??? would you file the tip down short to give your smile line then sculpt a new tip or would you do soak off??? any help much appreciated as i have one booked in on monday thanks:lol:

for what reason....is it a repair...?

I have sculpted repairs on nails with tips no problem...

sorry did not explain good enough,if someone had tips on and came in do have sculpts,would you just file tips down then sculpt over them or soak all tips off then sculpt???? sorry im new to this site but its great, and thank you so much for the reply

Can we just go into a little bit more detail here.

Is the length of the clients nails with tips at the minute too long or not long enough? It is unusual to sculpt on a nail if the client has tips on at present unless you were doing a repair.

Does the client want the tip removed - if so why?

Dont get me wrong I prefer sculpts to tips but it seams an unusual thing to sculpt on top of a tip.

yes she wants sculpt instead of tip,some people always say remove all then start again,but cant you just file the tip down then sculpt over it??? by the the i love to sculpt instead of tip aswell :)

Personally I would only sculpt if she doesnt have enough length at the minute with the tips.

I would continue with infills/re-balance until she becomes a NNO.

What is it that she doesnt like about the tips she has on at present?

At the end of the day though - if she is insistent I would give the client what she wants - as long as your work looks good.

here where we live not alot of people can sculpt so she wants to see the difference from tips to sculpts. i think i will file down tip then sculpt,but thank you so much for your help

If she is insistent then you will need to file down the tip to the most appropriate free edge length for sculpting cause the longer the free edge I find it more fiddly to sculpt.

as long as there's no discoloration i'd thin them down & go str8 over the top, it sounds like the client is making more work for you, let her knows who's knows best, there's no need to remove them as it's still acrylic on acrylic.

thank you for your help this forum is brill!!!!! i really dont mean to sound stupid but what does nno stand for??? i have worked out l&p all bymyself but cant work nno ????:lol: i am going to just go over on them cos thats what i thought its acrylic on acrylic thanks again for help

nno is natural nail overlay

thank you i was just reading some threads and thought that was natural nail overlay.silly me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

I cant understand why she would want her tips removed to then have sculpts done...?? tips/sculpts are just length...she already has length.

she did not ask me to remove her tips she does need infills but has tips and when her tips were put on they were half way down her finger < NOT DONE BY ME I WILL ADD> so the smile line will need doing sorry i dont explain things good!!!!!

Sometimes clients don't understand terminology very well - I had a lady who asked for sculpts and it turned out she thought that when the smile line was done with white acrylic (on her own nail) she thought that was sculpting! So maybe there's a bit of misunderstanding there on her part? hth x

Sometimes clients don't understand terminology very well - I had a lady who asked for sculpts and it turned out she thought that when the smile line was done with white acrylic (on her own nail) she thought that was sculpting! So maybe there's a bit of misunderstanding there on her part? hth x

I agree here Blossom - not convinced that the client understands what she is asking for.

Latest posts

Back