Sculpting ski jump nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sals

Reaction score
I did a search but couldn't really find anything. How on earth do you get a form to fit on ski jump nails? :eek:

I've only sculpted a couple of times and have been fairly pleased with the results. I tried to have a bash on my own, but have a couple of ski jump nails. I'm really losing my temper trying to fit the forms. To the extent of swearing very loudly and throwing them across the room!

Sorry to post and run, but have to log off. Will be back later (or tomorrow). Thanks in advance hunnies.:hug:

when i did some training on my masters the other week she said to take them down really short and then sculpted them i know its no good it they want to keep there own nails but unfortunatly its just there nails xx

generally speaking, i fit tips if a client has ski jump nails.

i guess if its just a couple though i'd do as kirsty advises and take the free edge right down as short as possible so that the form is not distorted by the natural nail shape.

My nails ski jump....not badly, some are more just straight but about half have a gentle upwards curve as they get longer.

As the ladies say, take em right down short and depending on what forms your using you will probably need to tailor them out, cut out the are that butts up against the FE and ensure a nice snug fit that will give an nice upper arch.

However if they badly ski jump, you are asking for trouble down the line and they won't last long. Funnly enough this is where Bio's silk sculptures are great, as they don't need a form, remain a bit more flexible and therefore don't ping off quite as easily.

Thanks, sweeties.:hug:

My nails ski jump badly (I have a few which are both fan shaped and ski jump:eek:)

I keep mine on the short side which helps, but if I want them longer then I file the length right down and apply Fix Fantastic tips. They have a more defined arch and make my nails look 100 times better!

My nails ski jump badly (I have a few which are both fan shaped and ski jump:eek:)

I keep mine on the short side which helps, but if I want them longer then I file the length right down and apply Fix Fantastic tips. They have a more defined arch and make my nails look 100 times better!

Thanks hun. Sounds like tipping is the way to go. Have a day of nothing to do tomorrow so will have a go and report back. Thanks again, troops.:hug::hug::hug:

Where's Classy Claws from the South Pole when you need her lol!

I file off all the free edge, open up the the knuckle of the form and go for it....they do need replacing quite often as they tend to pocket lift due to the way the nail grows....upward, pulling away from the product!

I always used to tip them until recently btw! Last as long with sculpts as tips IMO.

not heard of those ones before, got a link ?

oowww yes do show they sound interesting xx

Where's Classy Claws from the South Pole when you need her lol!

I file off all the free edge, open up the the knuckle of the form and go for it....they do need replacing quite often as they tend to pocket lift due to the way the nail grows....upward, pulling away from the product!

I always used to tip them until recently btw! Last as long with sculpts as tips IMO.

*swoops in on a nail duster brush* (closest thing to a broom? lol)

File the FE off, tailor the form.. open the top of the form out (the knuckle bit) and cross your fingers and pray... lol.. ski jump clients get 1 Re-bal then soak off and new set.. otherwise the growing ski jump pulls zone 2 up and can make the nails feel tight.

My clients have no choice as to having the FE removed.. if they want a pretty nail they have to let me do it.. its not their fault that they have defective nails but there is hope I tell them.... then with their blessing take to the FE with a file.

Latest posts

Back