Sculpting tips with UV Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toothfairy

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having problems with sculpting tips using clear sculpting gel.
Each time i try it seems to drop whilst curing and leave a dip between the extension and the natural nail.
I am using disposable forms.
Any ideas?

I would check correct fit of form first. Then, are you 'freezing' each nail as soon as you are happy with gel coverage and shape? If you leave it too long it does collapse! Are you using self levelling gel?

also when u pop the hole out to stick the finger in if u stick it to back it makes it a bit firmer x

Turning the finger upside down so gravity pulls it back to the middle before going into the lamp helps too.

Do the sculpt in 2 steps.
fit the form and then apply a layer of gel so that you come just level with the thickness of the natural nail. freeze cure.

then apply more gel to bring the tip up and over the natural free edge and cure again.

do 1 or 2 fingers at a time and keep swapping over the clients hands so you can continue working whilst the curing is going on. when you have got all the fingers to the same stage, give them all a full cure.

Thanks for the comments. I will keep practising and see how I get on.

I am still having problems with sculpting although I'm only do it on myself.
I am now having problems with the sculpting gel flooding the side walls of the nail. This is obviously going to cause lifting.
Getting really frustrated!

Try not to get too frustrated, practise makes perfect. Frustration will show in your work and you wont be able to do it calmly :)

I am still having problems with sculpting although I'm only do it on myself.
I am now having problems with the sculpting gel flooding the side walls of the nail. This is obviously going to cause lifting.
Getting really frustrated!

Less is more .
Don't over work the gel , it will loose viscosity and become more runny , flooding side walls ect the more you work it with the brush.

Latest posts

Back