Sculpting to create long nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ALEX

Hi guys. Can anyone give me any advice on how to create a long tip using white l + p over a form. I love doing sculptured l+p pink and whites and usually hav no probs, however a customer of mine doen't like having tips on cause they ping off on her more offten. She wanted them really long (most of my customers like them quite short) and I struggled to make them look even and tidy, even the smile looked a little more flat than usual. Can anyone give advice on wot to change if doing longer looking nails

Anyone.... please!

First things first...

Maybe the that reason her tips ' ping off ' is due to the length of nail being too long to start with ?

Once the nail becomes out of balance - i.e. the white is longer than the pink this creates problems

If your client still wanted the long length I would have thought a tip would have been easier - maybe a better chance of staying on ?

I would still try and persuade your client to go shorter - to err on the side of caution.

Anyone have any other ideas? :cool:

bug123 said:
First things first...Maybe the that reason her tips ' ping off ' is due to the length of nail being too long to start with ? Once the nail becomes out of balance - i.e. the white is longer than the pink this creates problems If your client still wanted the long length I would have thought a tip would have been easier - maybe a better chance of staying on ? I would still try and persuade your client to go shorter - to err on the side of caution.
Anyone have any other ideas? :cool:
Great Post Mr Bug / Shrek 2 (can't wait)!! Nails start breaking when they are too long! If her natural nail is short but the length of sculpted white tip is way-long - her nails will be top heavy and out of balance - hence the breaks!! Since your tip is the 'foundation' and your L+P is your strength, I would use a tip to create a longer foundation if she insists on having them so long!! HTH's ;)

Thanks for your advice. I tried to get her to go shorter but she says its the extra long white that she loves. I have a feeling shes going to become one of those nightmare clients!!!

You cant really sculpt out long nails.
The reason being that tips come moulded into curves. A form is straight (well, there are a couple of curved ones out there... but that is a different discussion altogether).

You are best finding a length that works for that client with a tip. As was mentioned, its the legnth that is causing them to ping off. If you sculpt it... you will have the same result.

Also... dont make it thicker to compensate. Otherwise, you will waste massive amounts of time during rebalancing and repair work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back