Sculpting Tutorial - help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flanakat

Reaction score
Hi

I have been reading the fab tutorial by The Nail Geek on supersonic sculpting, can someone help by explaining a section of part 4 in bold below to me as I cant get my head around the directions despite re- reading several times! :o

Sculpting out a tip

I apply a thin layer of white up to the natural nail free edge and essentially, sculpt out a tip.
Take a medium size bead… one that’s relative to the width and length of the ‘tip’ you are sculpting out and apply it up against the free edge. Be careful not to push product onto the surface of the plate.

Give the bead a moment to settle, then in gentle nudging motions… push it up to the free edge line and out to one side. When you get to about 80% of the way over, work the other side of the bead to the 80% mark.

Go back to the first side and nudge it up into the corner, then repeat the nudging on the opposite side.

Gently smooth out your surface and then carve your lower arch in with the side of your brush.
You do this by scooping the side up… and then by pushing it toward the natural nail… then away in a swooping motion.

Viola. There is your sculpted tip.

Thank you

Flanakat
x

Anyone offer any assistance please?

flanakat said:
Hi

I have been reading the fab tutorial by The Nail Geek on supersonic sculpting, can someone help by explaining a section of part 4 in bold below to me as I cant get my head around the directions despite re- reading several times! :o

Sculpting out a tip

I apply a thin layer of white up to the natural nail free edge and essentially, sculpt out a tip.
Take a medium size bead… one that’s relative to the width and length of the ‘tip’ you are sculpting out and apply it up against the free edge. Be careful not to push product onto the surface of the plate.

Give the bead a moment to settle, then in gentle nudging motions… push it up to the free edge line and out to one side. When you get to about 80% of the way over, work the other side of the bead to the 80% mark.

Go back to the first side and nudge it up into the corner, then repeat the nudging on the opposite side.

Gently smooth out your surface and then carve your lower arch in with the side of your brush.
You do this by scooping the side up… and then by pushing it toward the natural nail… then away in a swooping motion.

Thank you

Flanakat
x

How about going to designer nails tomorrow, Sam's doing a demo on sculpting first one starts at 1.30

eroom said:
How about going to designer nails tomorrow, Sam's doing a demo on sculpting first one starts at 1.30

Wanted to go but I am teaching pyrography in the primary school art dep tomorrow afternoon and it's been booked for ages so I cant let them down now.

Flanakat
x

Hi
don't know if this of any help but if you go on to the www.creative4pros.com and click on hot tips then sculpting it gives drawings. You will have to scroll down the page beacuse it comes up with other info first. I think that should help!!!

See if I can explaine this..........
carving out the lower arch means, creating a nice tidy line, in line with the natural nail...............

Scooping the sides up means, get your brush, turn it sideways, keeping the flat side of the brush in contact with the product,
push and sort of scoop it back to the nail, but not directly in a straight line on the nail more sideways, back over the newly formed base..............swooping is like gliding motion...........not like patting more like brushing, this way creating a nice line and even surface, ready for the next white bead to form the final sculpted french tip.............

This means ready for the next bead

Sam help me out here lol...............I know what I mean and can do it, but writing it down is a bit harder............... visualy easier to demo then to write about it lol.......................
Hope I havn't confused the issue totaly now................
If I have don't shoot me xxxxxxxxx

Basically, 'scultpting out a tip' means that with my first bead, my goal is to create an extension edge that looks as if I have applied and blended a tip.

In a nut shell... apply a tip and then blend it in... That is what the nail should look like after the first bead.
The reason behind this is to make it so the second bead applies just like a tip and overlay.

BTW: I think there are 3 demos today. 1:30, 4:30, and 6:30 (but don't quote me on that). I will be demoing this technique.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back