Sculpting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris2807

Reaction score
Ok. Please don't laugh at my post. I have been attempting the above firstly on myself, which i have to say were pretty ok I can live with them. Secondly I tried to do them on my friend but I couldn't get the form to fit very well and the product seeped under the free edge :irked:
Can anyone give me any tips on this please xx:hug:

Ok. Please don't laugh at my post. I have been attempting the above firstly on myself, which i have to say were pretty ok I can live with them. Secondly I tried to do them on my friend but I couldn't get the form to fit very well and the product seeped under the free edge :irked:
Can anyone give me any tips on this please xx:hug:

first make sure the forms are good quality and not too flimsy.
you can trim the opening in the form to make it fit the shape of the clients nail.
roll the form to get some curve into it before you apply
you can use the handle of your brush to make sure the form fits securely under the nail
be sure to trim and file the natural nail before fitting the form.
make sure you use a dryish bead to apply free edge, if its too wet it will seep under really easily.
you can try applying the free edge in 2 beads, a very thin layer to make a foundation and then a further bead on top to finish the free edge area.

also you can support the form under the nail by using your middle finger to slightly press it up to the free edge, before it sets
hth aswell

Many thanks for your replies. I use creative forms so they are good quality, I think maybe I have been a little impatient with them.

I'll give it another go.:)

Thanks once again x:hug:

Latest posts

Back