Sculptured nail course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kezzanails

Reaction score
Hi all

I am new to the site so hello.

I am wanting to start a course doing sculptured nails but are finding it hard finding somewhere that does this in Teesside. The courses I can only find are tips, which I would do but really prefer sculptured??

Any ideas where to start?????????

Thanks in advance

Hi all

I am new to the site so hello.

I am wanting to start a course doing sculptured nails but are finding it hard finding somewhere that does this in Teesside. The courses I can only find are tips, which I would do but really prefer sculptured??

Any ideas where to start?????????

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to the site, nail harmony don't use tips on there courses, I would give them a call and enquire about training

Tracy x

Hi hun , maybe you could try colleges near you , im just doin my level 3 at college and we have done sculptured gel and l&p, or you could contact sweet squared their courses are supposed to be brilliant

Hello and welcome to the site, nail harmony don't use tips on there courses, I would give them a call and enquire about training

Tracy x

Thanks Tracy, ive noticed on their site the courses are BABTAC what does this stand for and do I need to look for this when choosing a course??

British association Of beauty therapy and cosmetology x

Hi,

Sculpting is a great skill to have, but you need to learn how to use tips too. Sculpting is not sutiable for every nail type, neither are tips. IMO you need to be able to offer both so you can best suit your clients. If I were you, I'd look for a course that does both.

Are you looking for a Gel or L&P course?

I'd recommend CND either way... have a look at their courses here http://www.sweetsquared.com/Education/Foundation

There's a Creative Academy in Newcastle, or you could phone S2 to see if there's an EA closer to you xxx

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice, thats really helpful.

I have been in touch with a couple of places in Middlesbough who do tips only! and not sculptured :sad: I work and are a full time mum so would really like a short course or a night time course if possible.

With what you said I think if I cant find anything locally who do sculptured, im going to do the tips first. I am looking for an l&p course.

Thanks again xx

Hi,

Sculpting is a great skill to have, but you need to learn how to use tips too. Sculpting is not sutiable for every nail type, neither are tips. IMO you need to be able to offer both so you can best suit your clients. If I were you, I'd look for a course that does both.

Are you looking for a Gel or L&P course?

I'd recommend CND either way... have a look at their courses here Jump!

There's a Creative Academy in Newcastle, or you could phone S2 to see if there's an EA closer to you xxx

Thank you,

Ive checked with my college and again only do tips,but may bring this in this year so lets hope so!!

Ill take a look at Sweet Squared cheers hun.xx

Hi hun , maybe you could try colleges near you , im just doin my level 3 at college and we have done sculptured gel and l&p, or you could contact sweet squared their courses are supposed to be brilliant

Hi Kezza,
It may not be as big a thing as you imagine - the bulk of the learning with acrylics is the mix ratio, application and shape and structure of the nail. Whether it is on a tip or sculpt is only a part of it. When I did my l&p training with CND we worked on tips but were shown sculpts at the end. When I did gel we were shown both, so I guess what I'm trying to say is even if you go with a company that mainly does one, try find somewhere that can show you both so you can learn both ways. Neither method will suit all clients.

I also worked full time when I trained and had to use annual leave to attend my CND course but it was only a few days spread out so it worked great! Xx

Nail Harmony's Gelish Hard Gel courses DO teach you to use tips AND sculpts as well, and give you homework of several sets to be done before the next session of training! They give you everything you need to know in both, as well as re-balancing/infills etc. I presume the same would apply to the l + p course too?
Why not give them a ring in the morning? They will send you information of all their courses.. hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back