Sculptured - nail hurting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larnie

Reaction score
:rolleyes:I have been growing my nails and broke and bitten my two thumbs, as havent done sculpting for 10 years I decided to have a go on my thumbs - got to say they look really good:)

However, my thumbs are really hurting when any pressure is put on them - any ideas?

Hi,
I think you may have buffed the natural nail too much, or maybe you used a very wet mix ratio, so the product shrinked more than it should and now it puts pressure on your natural nail. Am I close?

I think the latter might be the case - still getting used to the attraction. I hadnt thought of that.

How flat do the sculpts look? Sometimes when the forms have been fitted incorrectly and they sort of spring out leaving the tip sort of layed flat. This can cause pressure on the free edge x x x

I used to get my nails sculptured every 2 weeks for about 3 years and every time I had that appointment I could guarantee my nails would be tender.My tech was very experienced,I just think some of us are more sensitive than others.

Of course it could be something someone else suggests but this was def the case with me.HTH

I don't have problems with my sculpted nails, I did them myself even though I'm out of practise, and didn't have any problems with being tender, I guess it's like babsann said, some are just more sensitive!

They seem to be ok now - thank god! was thinking of taking them off earlier.

Shame as done a really good job on them

Hey Larnie, i have had this happen to me when i shut my thumb in a car door.....OUCH!!

I had to sculpt as i can't bare not having nails and i found that they were tender for a little while while the L&P was curing, but then after a couple of hours, they were fine. So much more protected than if i'd left them naked. You can guarantee, if you don't protect something you have hurt, you will hurt it again.

How long are you growing your nails.

either over filed and burnt the nail bed leaving it sensitive....or cut the hyponychim with the form.

It's probably shrinkage and should pass within 24 hours or so.
The wetter the mix ratio the more shrinkage will occur.

Latest posts

Back