sculptured nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suzie01895

Reaction score
can anyone please help - I am at the end of my tether!!! - I am currently using Bio Sculpture and have my assessment in a couple of weeks that quite clearly I am not ready for! - I cannot seem to use forms - I have the horseshoe ones that I cannot seem to use at all - they do not stay in place for more than 1 second. I have also bought re-usable forms, but they dont seem stay still for long and the resulting nail droops to one side. Is it me or are there better forms out there???????? - I am beginning to think the whole thing is just too DIFFICULT

Sue

Hiya,

When I started sculpting I bought some horse shoe ones which were a nightmare!! I thought it was just me but then I got some of the rectangular ones which are much much better!! It still took a bit of practising but keep at it & you will get the hang of it I'm sure!! x

Hi

I am biosculpture trained to grade A so if you need any tips or advice just hollar!!
I use the rectangular forms as mentioned another tip is to take out the oval and pop it under the form for added support.

I use the creative forms which I have had no problems with. They also do a clear one now to allow the UV to penetrate from underneath too!

I hear that EZ flow do some very good ones, but I have not tried them.

Hiya!

I also use performance forms which are really great to use. I have only recently started sculpting and the tutorial on here is fantastic! It really helped me. x

Hi Sue

Like all the previous posts say the rectangular and Creative forms are the much loved ones to use.

Horseshoe ones are little Sods.

If you pm me your address l will post to you a few forms that are worthy of sculptured nails - that way you can try them without paying out any money and see if you get on with them.

suzie01895 said:
can anyone please help - I am at the end of my tether!!! - I am currently using Bio Sculpture and have my assessment in a couple of weeks that quite clearly I am not ready for! - I cannot seem to use forms - I have the horseshoe ones that I cannot seem to use at all - they do not stay in place for more than 1 second. I have also bought re-usable forms, but they dont seem stay still for long and the resulting nail droops to one side. Is it me or are there better forms out there???????? - I am beginning to think the whole thing is just too DIFFICULT

Sue

I find CND forms too big for UV lamps (I'm talking about the regular forms, not the new, clear ones, I haven't seen these yet. I like EZ Flow (green) forms and YN forms.
But for most of my clients the regular forms fit just fine....
I also cut mine on top, that way they are easier to apply
http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/sculptingwithgelsultrawhite.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=431

Anna from Toronto said:
I find CND forms too big for UV lamps (I'm talking about the regular forms, not the new, clear ones, I haven't seen these yet. I like EZ Flow (green) forms and YN forms.
But for most of my clients the regular forms fit just fine....
I also cut mine on top, that way they are easier to apply
http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/sculptingwithgelsultrawhite.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=431

The new CND clear forms are the same size as the normal CND Performance forms, but Tom B. shows how to do a tricky little thing with them on the video so there are no tags hanging down to get in the way and perhaps push the form (and therefore the sculpt) out of line. Using them this way, there is no problem of being too big to use with the UV Lamp.

Hiya geeg!

Please could you tell me what the video is called? Thanx!
x

geeg said:
The new CND clear forms are the same size as the normal CND Performance forms, but Tom B. shows how to do a tricky little thing with them on the video so there are no tags hanging down to get in the way and perhaps push the form (and therefore the sculpt) out of line. Using them this way, there is no problem of being too big to use with the UV Lamp.
The clearBrisa forms are brill to use............
If you do it the Tom B. way they hold a fab c-curve.............
And they dont move a mm or even inch.............
The video comes with the Pro-kit...................well worth the money..........
and the brush is just so smart................ a pro looking gel kit.............my clients love the pots lol.......very tactile, they cant stop feeling them.........strange lot lol ..................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back