SCULPTURES

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails at Home

Reaction score
Could anyone let me have their views please regarding doing sculptures. I've just had a conversion course with Bio Sculpture and they recommend doing sculptured nails rather than tips - I'm using the paper type ones and finding them very very fiddly and wondered if the metal type ones are easier to use and shape to the nail :?

If you are on about the forms I use the sticky paper ones not the foil ones as they are more easier to get under the free edge rather than the foil ones.

Hope this helps.

Jue

For a generous free edge I find it easier to use the re-usable (metal) forms, otherwise (especially a nail biter) the sticky ones are better.

How are you finding the bio gel sculptures? I bought a starter kit from them and went on a training day last month and have been practising the sculptures on friends & family. I'm finding it a bit fiddly to do them and have in most cases resorted to good old tips. Most of my friends preferred to have a French Manicure, and it's been far easier to stick a white tip on and gel over, rather than sculpt and apply the white gel.

Thanks for the advice - I'm gonna try some of the re-usable metal ones - wish me luck! :) I'm finding the bio sculpture quite good so far but only did my training on Monday. I did a friend a full set with sculptures and it took me 4 hours!! :( Mostly, because I find it hard to get the form to fit onto the nail exactly flush. Just done a full set of overlays and my client went away really happy with them :D. Luckily because there was no sculpturing involved it took half the time! Just got to wait over the next few days now to see how they're both getting on and pray they'll have no problems, so time will tell. Must admit I could be tempted to do the Bio Sculpture with tips though if I don't start getting on with the sculpturing soon :( But by not using tips there's so little filing involved and as I have a bad reaction at times to all the dust this method could be perfect for me! :D :D Still offering the Creative acrylic too but makes a nice change with the Bio Sculpture. How do you find them maceyratbags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back