sealing airbrushed nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandy_moo_64

Reaction score
Hi !!
I've seen topics on here saying you can seal in airbrushed designs with a coating of UV gel...do you put the gel directly onto the design, or do you top coat it first so the design doesn't smudge?
And can i use the gel i normaly use for normal overlays, or does it have to be a special one?
Thanks!

Anyone ????

young nails finish works for me, but i have not tried any others. :biggrin:

p.s, i use it directly after the art and airbrushed sealer , although forgot to seal 1 time and it worked fine anyway.

mandy_moo_64 said:
Hi !!
I've seen topics on here saying you can seal in airbrushed designs with a coating of UV gel...do you put the gel directly onto the design, or do you top coat it first so the design doesn't smudge?
And can i use the gel i normaly use for normal overlays, or does it have to be a special one?
Thanks!
Hi Mandy - personally i just use a good quick drying top coat, most of my customers dont always want their nail art on for 2 weeks (ie untill their next appointment) more so with the more flamboyant styles....but i have used the resin from a fibreglass system to seal before to give a 2 week permance...hth

i use The Edge Gel System, and i wondered if i could just apply a thin coating of this over the airbrushed design to make it last a bit longer.

Or would i have to use a top coat first so the design doesn't smudge?

A few of my ladies want their design to last 2 or 3 weeks, thats why i wondered if this would work

i airbrushed my nails the other day, not the best but hey was a first try.

i haev natural nails. i had a basecoat, then basecoated in white (so the colors would sohw better and stick better). anyway, was 2 light coats of the red then the black on the tips.

then i just put 1 coat of clear, just regular 99cent polish. didnt even bother putting 2 coats. its lasted for a week now and is only chipping becuase i havent been taking care of them.

just saying since a lot of people say that airbrushing doesnt stick to natural nails well maybe theres something strange im doing!

You can definitly apply gel over the airbrush design. I use to do that untill I discovered airbrush top coat. That stuff REALLY works!

Nidia

We were told and also tried young nail finish and it peels, some topcoat bubble, I am still trying to find something really good for airbrush also, so that my customers are very staisfied, I was told that gel has to stick to a porous surface that is why it slips from the paint, if the design is not on all the nail then it probably works for us it has not. that is why it does not work sith foil either we have had bad accidents with customers, trying new techniques without trying them out with ourselves first.

Also does anyone know where I can get the shells and flowers here in Mexico or in the states, I am still looking around for larger sizs rhinestones, larger that 7 if possible crystal. Hope anyone can help me

Thanks.
Loretta ( the lurker sometimes getting busier everyday seven months in buisness and doing better we now can officaly pay ourselves something and pay the salons bills, thanks to all and also the beautytech boards for all of help and information.

Hiya,

I use power seal by nail order.......its a uv cured top coat gel and it goes on really thin.........doesnt shrink and will last untill you buff off..............as long as the designs are completely dry then yes you can apply over the top.
Amanda

Mandy,

I had my natural nails airbrushed at Olympia, Melle Stripp (www.allthingsnails.co.uk) used airbrush topcoat and the design stayed on my nails for 2 weeks.
I must confess I did apply regular top coat every few days but don't know if this helped - it never does when I apply over polish so I think there must be something in the airbrush topcoat that helps prevent chipping.

B

i use Perma Gloss, but find that if I use an airbrush sealer it turns the permagloss yellow so now dont seal it, just permagloss on top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back