Sealing In Nail Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails at Home

Reaction score
Wondered if you guys could help me out re my nail art method. I'm very
rarely asked to do nail art on clients but I often do it on myself -
it's a great advert! :) Anyway, what I wanted to ask is if you think
there's any difference between nail art sealer and top coats. I rarely use
the sealers as was advised a while back that it's the same difference as
top coat. However, even if I seal my nail art with 2 top coats I find
if I've used acrylic paint it seems to begin coming off after a couple
of days or so! :mad: Mind you I find the black and white seem to wear off
quicker than when I've used say a red? If I put on more than 2 layers
of top coat then I find it begins to crack after a couple of days!
Please help! :mad:

Hiya,
I find that the nail art sealers are quite thick, compared to a top coat.
Why dont you seal with a layer of gel it gives a lovely shine and keeps the colours bright :cool:

lesley1965 said:
Hiya,
I find that the nail art sealers are quite thick, compared to a top coat.
Why dont you seal with a layer of gel it gives a lovely shine and keeps the colours bright :cool:

Thanks Lesley - that's a good idea yes but I often like to change my nail art once a week (more often than doing maintenance treatments) so I'd still like to know of another way - any other ideas? And yes I have noticed the sealers are quite thick which also tends to cause more cracking if using more than 2 layers :sad:

Hi,

why dont you try faze 2(creative), it must be applied 24hours after nail polish but is garenteed to last. It is a buff off product so only way to remove is to buff completley off, it is really shiney too.

Lisa

Nails at Home said:
Wondered if you guys could help me out re my nail art method. I'm very
rarely asked to do nail art on clients but I often do it on myself -
it's a great advert! :) Anyway, what I wanted to ask is if you think
there's any difference between nail art sealer and top coats. I rarely use
the sealers as was advised a while back that it's the same difference as
top coat. However, even if I seal my nail art with 2 top coats I find
if I've used acrylic paint it seems to begin coming off after a couple
of days or so! :mad: Mind you I find the black and white seem to wear off
quicker than when I've used say a red? If I put on more than 2 layers
of top coat then I find it begins to crack after a couple of days!
Please help! :mad:

Hiya Nails at home
What nail polishes, acrylic paints and top coat do you use? I'm afraid I've not come across this problem before...........if anything the nail polish tends to come off before the nail art!!

I use Super Shiney for my top coat - only one coat needed. My paints are generally bought from the local toy shop/art shop.

Do you allow the paint to dry before you apply top coat? Are you applying to enhancements or natural nails?

Regards
Adele

Thanks for your advice everyone - first of all yes I've got the Faze 2 but still not had a chance to put it on - only had it a week and haven't had a space of 24 hours after painting my own nails without doing a client's nails and damaging some of my own art work. Hopefully Faze 2 will work for me but it won't be any good for my clients :(

I'm currently using Nail Life Gripper base coat and super shiney top coat (2 layers) and its on my own nails over Bio Sculpture gel. And yes I do wait for the nail art to dry totally. Do you think that maybe there's good quality and bad quality acrylic paints out there? Maybe some last better than others????

Any more ideas??

Thanks everyone
Name's Michelle by the way x

Hi all - I'm doing the little trick of getting this back to the top - I need some help girls - pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!

Michelle x

Nails at Home said:
Hi all - I'm doing the little trick of getting this back to the top - I need some help girls - pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!

Michelle x

Hiya Michelle,
I do feel that some of the acrylic paints do fade a bit once dry :rolleyes:
Dont know if you have tried using gel pens for nail art :) They come in great bright colours and last so well on the nails.
I use the kind you buy in the stationery shops.
Hth

Hi

I use Airsheild from NSI for my nail art clients. I had a rebalance to do for a client after 4 weeks, and the nail art was all still there! thankfully so were the nails :lol:

It's very important to leave a tiny margin around the cuticles instead of cleaning it up afterwards. Make sure you use a base coat and top coat for natural nails when not performing the design on artificial enhancements. Don't forget to seal the FE. be sure that each layer is dry before applying the next.

It did happen to me a couple of times as wel on natural nails when using (waterbased) acrylic paints and covering the whole or most of the nail with it. It's really important the design is totally covered and al layers (with no airbubbles!!!)are dry.

lesley1965 said:
Hiya Michelle,
I do feel that some of the acrylic paints do fade a bit once dry :rolleyes:
Dont know if you have tried using gel pens for nail art :) They come in great bright colours and last so well on the nails.
I use the kind you buy in the stationery shops.
Hth

Thanks for all your help think I'll try the gel pens - Lesley - could you tell me which stationers you get these from and who makes them please?

Thanks

Nails at Home said:
Thanks for all your help think I'll try the gel pens - Lesley - could you tell me which stationers you get these from and who makes them please?

Thanks

Hiya,
The ones made by Pilot are fab.
You can get them from shops such as partners.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back